Featured 1.5 mile run times

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Newmills15, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Newmills15

Newmills15 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hi all
    I've recently been seeing alot of PRMC video's all saying different times to compleat the two 1.5 mile run one video even said the return 1.5 mile was to be completed in 11.15 minutes? I all ways thought the first 1.5 miles was under 12 minutes and the second in under 10 minutes. Just wondering if anyone knows the timings for the two 1.5 miles and what is considered a good return time?

Thanks Luca

2. DeskJockey

DeskJockey Royal Marines Commando

@Newmills15 for PRMC you need to complete the return in sub 10mins. Good time would be sub 9mins

3. MumOnEdge

MumOnEdge Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Has it changed recently? This is what the website says

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Newmills15

Newmills15 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thanks for the response

5. MORP

MORP Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    A lad who was on a recent prmc told me this was the time he had to do it in

• Like Like x 1
  6. Newmills15

Newmills15 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    This is the what I'm going off which is off the royal marine youtube channel from a PRMC from 2017 20190101_191735.jpg

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  7. MORP

MORP Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Doesn't matter what the limit is, you're *text deleted* *text deleted* be getting at least a 9:30, otherwise you're cardio will be far below everyone else and you'll struggle on day 2

• Like Like x 1
  8. Newmills15

Newmills15 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Ok cheers, how long do you get for the first 1.5 miles and how long rest do yo get between?

• Like Like x 1
  9. MumOnEdge

MumOnEdge Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Pretty sure it's 12 and a half minutes with 1 minute rest then as best effort back

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
  10. Something Original

Something Original New Member

Information posted on YouTube is going to be inherently less accurate than that posted on the recruitment organisations website, due to the basis that YouTube would likely have been correct at time of posting.

Also, why are you training for absolute minimums for an application to join the RM of all organisations within the military? Whether it is 11:15, or 10:30, why would you not be digging in to go for sub 9 anyway? You have 32+ weeks of training intended to push you to breaking point.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  11. LG1664

LG1664 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yeah the first 1.5 miles is done in 12 mins 30 secs, tho the PTI may run it faster, you’ll then get just over a minutes rest and you’ll set off for your 1.5 miles best effort, to be completed in 11 mins 15 seconds.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MumOnEdge

MumOnEdge Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Do the second run in 11.15 and it will be a fail on that part. Has to be under 10.30. Should aim for more like 9.00 though

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  13. Seags98

Seags98 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    First run I can only guess is done in around 11 however it does slow down around the last 500m or so. Second is just a balls out best effort, 9:30 or less is ideal, never aim for minimums

• Like Like x 1
  14. LG1664

LG1664 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yeah of course I 100% agree, it’s a best effort run, should be aiming for at least a return time under 10 minutes. I was just saying that it has to be completed in under 11 mins 15 secs.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MumOnEdge

MumOnEdge Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    @LG1664 minimum pass time 10.30.
    Which is bloody quick even for the minimum! I run but could never hope to run at that speed!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. LG1664

LG1664 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Fair enough, I’m not sure if it’s changed but I just done my PRMC recently, and the minimum was 11.15.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MumOnEdge

MumOnEdge Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Seems like there's lots of conflicting information! Well done, I hope you passed.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Seags98

Seags98 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    The RN website is rarely updated. I did mine on October 9th and a couple lads got through with 11 minutes.

• Like Like x 2
  19. LG1664

LG1664 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yeah I did, thanks very much

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

There is a lot of conflicting information on t'interweb, not least on the actual Royal Navy website because those updating it are not told to take down obsolete pages when parameters change and fresh pages are re-posted rather than the original data corrected. Likewise on youtube once a video is uploaded, it on the internet forever. In short, it is a mess.

This isn't helped by differing PJFT and PRMC run-times which forever cause confusion - again not helped by gyms which can't keep pace of changes (the removal of the 2 degree incline and increased second run-time being a good example of the shambles still being encountered).

As ever, the danger of publishing minimum pass standards is people will naturally target them. When they do, they unwittingly set themselves up for a fail.

The advice therefore, is to aim for sub ten minutes on the PJFT and PRMC run-back before attempting either. This is despite fact there's an extra 30 seconds permitted on the PJFT and 75 seconds on the PRMC.

• Like Like x 3