1.5 mile run

Chris C

Reaction score
what is classed as a good 1.5mile run time, at the moment i can get 8.34 balls out, and thats after 1.5mile warm up at steady pace, is that a good time?

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
if on the road yes, if on the treadmill its still pretty good.

james

Chris C

Reaction score
ow good, i wasnt sure if that was good, yes i was on a road. i have never ran on a tred mill is it any harder or different? will i get better or worse time?

RH

Reaction score
more than likely mate youl get a faster time

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
u will get a better time mate because there is less friction which makes it easier and no humps and bumps like on the road. and yeah its a well good time pass prmc easy with that whats *text deleted* stregnth like?

Chris C

Reaction score
ow good, ill just keep it up then:) yer im not to bad, bout 50-60 press ups, 95 sit ups, 18 pull ups, still working on them tho

Chris C

Reaction score
over the top grip, apperently its the way the royal marines do it so i practice doing them that way

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* 18 pullups are u taking the piss?? Keep them stats I'd ease off abut u don't want to get injured

chew1e

Reaction score
thats a very good time mate, you measured the distance in the car or anything?

just outa interest how much do you weigh?

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
With those numbers, screw the marines, go for the olympics mate *text deleted*.

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
That 1.5mile time is good mate,my runnings still needing some work! My pullups at the moment,overhand wide grip PB is 22 with good form. Id happily trade half of those for better running ability *text deleted*

Dan2508

Reaction score
ow good, ill just keep it up then:) yer im not to bad, bout 50-60 press ups, 95 sit ups, 18 pull ups, still working on them tho
If your doing 18 pull ups mate I think you could run the marines training not take part. Are you fully extending the arms straight and getting your chest to the bar? if you are fair play you must be like the incredible hulk or something.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Quite often, undertaking individual physical disciplines can produce impressive results on the face of it.

For pull-ups your feet must remain off the ground, back-handed, thumbs out, legs uncrossed. When in the "down" position your arms must be fully extended upwards, you must not swing, in the "up" position your chin must rise above the bar & try to hold for a count of three before a controlled descent.

Before you undertake your pull-ups on PRMC, you will already have completed the 3 mile run, obtained over 10.5 in the bleep test, completed 40-60 press-ups in two minutes, 60-80 "knees together" sit-ups in two minutes.

It may well prove beneficial to attend a Royal Marines Acquaint Day to realistically experience the levels required and possibly confirm or re-evaluate your opinions on the standards required. The tip is to layer your exercises, without doubt.

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
True ninja. Being exhausted from previous activies plays a big role in performance. I often time myself fresh,and then after a cardio session (be it running,rowing etc). This way i can see what my upper limit is (with good form) and then what a more realistic number of reps are.

Its also good as a mental test,as i know what numbers i can hit fresh,so i aim for that,and if i can complete similar after a intense session then im fairly chuffed!

Chris C

Reaction score
wow thanks alots guys, yer im weiging about 9 and a half stone *text deleted*, hight-5.7, i measure all my runs on my bike with a speedometer. pull ups just came naturally to me, i never use to be a good runner, im more of a sprinter but that will hardly be needed in the marines. ninga i will take your advise and do an intense session before and then i will see what my numbers are.
thanks again everyone.

ChrisC

Reaction score
I saw this and thought I'd got drunk one night and totally forgotten about making a thread!

Pretty big coincidence, heh.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Wow, that's a close-call on usernames Chris!

Welcome anyway.

If it's any consolation, my username was intended as a joke as I ain't no Ninja. A few weeks after joining someone's asking me where I trained and which dojo is best.

"Eh?"

All I know about Ninjas is they are talking tortoises that live underground like the Wombles, aren't they?

Oh yeah, and there's a couple of them that are on the CBBC Prank Patrol.

Chris C

Reaction score
haha that did make me laugh, well hi5 for all the chris's out there *text deleted*

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Last week I did 8 run sessions in preperation for my PJFT, 1.5 miles in the morning, 1.5 miles in the afternoon (upper body went out the window till I'd passed my PJFT). I passed my PJFT in 9.45 but on the road I was managing 7.45 every session and that wasn't even my flat out speed.

Having that said, a serious amount of people think running on a treadmill is easier, however I personally think it's un-natural and an easy way to incurr an injury. (Somehow my shoulders, stomach and knees ache and I only did my PJFT yesterday).

If you can do 8.34 after a 1.5 mile warm up then you shouldn't have a problem, they only warmed me up for 500 meters, I did some streches and then just went for it. If it helps they let you have water and an MP3 player.

Ash