1.5 mile run

sean7375

Reaction score
Hi, im 14 and dont run a lot so tonight i decided to do the 1.5 mile run.
My time was 12:06 secs, is this bad? I was not wearing proper running shoes but i dont think it would make much diference.

paddlequack

Reaction score
It all depends mate.
How long you've been exercising for in your life span, what your doing to contribute towards your general outgoing fitness and how badly you want the Marines.

The Marines cut off line for PJFT (Pre Joining Fitness Test) is 10.00 but they are looking for something around 9.50 and better.
So keep cracking at the 1.5 miler and 3 miler and 6 milers as you'll need an exceptional level of fitness to get in the Marines and to withstand injuries throughout Recruit training that can often make people quite or get back trooped.

Whats your weight/height/age? and name :)

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Hi Sean,

Don't worry too much about your times shoudln't really be worrying about it till your a few years older. My advice would be to turn the clock off, and just run as quick as you can for a s long as you can. If you can develop your determination at this point, that would be better than getting down hearted because your not getting close to the 10:00's

All the best

GreyWing

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
has the PJFT time changed then because the leaflets they give you say 1.5 miles in less than 10 mins 45 secs?

Jas

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Lshort1988 said:
has the PJFT time changed then because the leaflets they give you say 1.5 miles in less than 10 mins 45 secs?
Yes it has changed, it's now 10 minutes.

sean7375

Reaction score
paddlequack said:
It all depends mate.
How long you've been exercising for in your life span, what your doing to contribute towards your general outgoing fitness and how badly you want the Marines.

The Marines cut off line for PJFT (Pre Joining Fitness Test) is 10.00 but they are looking for something around 9.50 and better.
So keep cracking at the 1.5 miler and 3 miler and 6 milers as you'll need an exceptional level of fitness to get in the Marines and to withstand injuries throughout Recruit training that can often make people quite or get back trooped.

Whats your weight/height/age? and name :)
8 stone 2
5'9
Sean

paddlequack

Reaction score
Considering you don't run alot it's pretty good.
Just crack on and keep up at it always doing best effort runs to get the maximum fitness level you can.
You're still young so don't expect to look like arnie just yet ;)