1 Arm Push Ups

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
The reason I put this post in Jollies Bar is it's more of something you do for a laugh in a competition unless you're strong. Today my friend came round and said "Hey Ash you're look almost as good as me now" to which I suggested we had a competition but he got to choose what we did. He chose 1 arm push ups.

Much to my suprise I did 7 per arm and felt I could have done more, the first 1 per arm I swear I heard and felt 5 or 6 clicks in my back, probably because I've never tried them before.. Still I was amazed I could do 14 in total and I may just integrate these into my new fitness program.

I'll post a vid soon but in the meantime how many can you do?

rhodri

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
my old PE teacher was big into his rugby and everyday he did 50 normal press ups then 25 on each arm

i try evey now and again but dont get to far
hehe

M

MTW

can do 10, never tryed them before but they dont feel to good on the elbows at all so dont think ill try again, ive heard they can cause all sorts of *text deleted* if you do them all the time tho, plus i doubt they would help anyway.

Leedham

Reaction score
can do 10, never tryed them before but they dont feel to good on the elbows at all so dont think ill try again, ive heard they can cause all sorts of *text deleted* if you do them all the time tho, plus i doubt they would help anyway.
ermmm... 0...

Its well hard to balance

Mnemic5

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Mate broke his radius wrist bone doing this, I would not recomend incorporating this into your training programme ash mate, Your not exactly going to get further in life because you can do pressups one armed.. unless u fancy boosting your ego +1 point :uglyhammer:

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* yeah kinda silly idea to start doing these. It's too late anyway started new workout programme today.

Peter, that's really funny *text deleted* it really freaked me out when I heard it.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
never had the crack or the clicks in my back for arms, but i do try them, i managed to do 1 without losing balance, the only problem i have is with one armed press ups if i go down to 2 inches above the ground i'll fall flat on my face.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I go down low enough to kiss the floor. I swear that's the cleanest spot in our living room!

Gixer600Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
lip gloss...i leave mine to dry so i can eat the skin when im hungry:uglyhammer:

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Feet apart, quite wide. If you do them feet together you have to be very strong to hold yourself up with tipping over but it can be done. I just haven't worked out how to get back up yet.

roguesniper

Reaction score
yeah interesting, just tried to do 1 and fell over. maybe more practice is needed

Josh

Reaction score
i got half way down my shoulder cracked then a split second later my head cracked the floor. *text deleted*

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
On the short note: I will not be held responsible for any injury caused!

jeremy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i can do them when im at clubs but i can't them at home, weird?!

(sport clubs, i dont randomly start doing pushups in nightclubs!)

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted*.. That's a good one, start doing push ups in a nightclub, I can imagine all the people falling over you

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i did pushups in a nightclub once, it was sort of pushups mixed with the worm..

i cant really remember much about it tho funnily enough : )