1 Minute Laps

NDC_OSPREY

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just thought i would let you guys know of a cardio session that our rugby coach just showed us. first you need 1 person with a stop watch, and 1 runner minimum. The idea is to do one lap of a rugby, or football pitch, in 1 minute. You then get 1 minute rest and do it again. It sounds really easy, but get to 7 or 8 go's and it starts to hurt. Jf you don't do it in 1 minute you get less rest, that is why you need someone on the side to be timing everything as you will run on the dot every minute, even if you only had 40 secs rest. It is a killer.

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like very intense fartlek training to me.

NDC_OSPREY

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It is a killer, when i was first told i thought, but you get a minutes rest, and i underestimated how long it took to go around a pitch when your knackered.My first few laps were well under the minute but my last few i was getting a few seconds over the minute. we did 15.

NDC_OSPREY

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
take it your big into yer ruggers then.. osprey fan?
I like Sale Sharks (local team) and Munster myself

h
How did you guess?:laugh:

Sale are doing pretty tidy at the mo aren't they. Unbeaten isn't bad, even though its only 3 games in. Unlike wasps, some champions they are at the mo.

my family come form swansea so i like them, though i have never lived i Wales!!

NDC_OSPREY

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Id like to go and see sale.. i really should. only got into ruggers the last year or so its AWESOME.
yeh my dads side come from west ireland so i should support Connacht not munster but their uber *text deleted**text deleted* *text deleted*. plus half of Munster play for Ireland.

Yeah, Connacht aint great. In the premiership i am partial to a bit of the old bath as they are closest, but most game si see live are ND1 with Exeter as they are the closest.

tcsmith88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm also well into my Rugby. Both codes. Don't support anyone in Union, more of a follower, but in League I follow Leeds Rhinos. Don't get to watch nearly as much Rugby as I'd like due to one thing or another but still have a genuine love for both games. Best scenario, if one day I earn my Green Beret I'd love to represent them at Rugby, either code. I played League & Union from the ages of 11-18. Representing District and County in the process. Oh, and also nearly getting scouted. A badly broken leg soon put a stop to that though.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
distant cousins of mine played & coached in league, alan and stuart raper.. castleford and i believe leeds? Gone back to aussieland now though.
Then again I don't pay to much attention - rugby is my dads field haha.