1 week left

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
So pretty much 1 week left until PRMC.

What are your plans for this week?

I think I'm going to train normally up until Thursday then just do a bit of light training here and there over the weekend. I'm *text deleted* watch my diet all week making sure to eat healthy. I'm *text deleted* get some revision on the go this week too for the interview.

I still need a new shirt and I'm not sure whether to get some proper speedos for the it *text deleted*, what do you guys reckon?

What are your fitness stats like? Think you'll be alright? The main thing I'm worried about is cracking out the pull-ups and press-ups after I'm exhausted from the bleep test. I know i can do them normally but it's *text deleted* be a lot harder.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
I still need a new shirt and I'm not sure whether to get some proper speedos for the it *text deleted*, what do you guys reckon?
Get some proper speedos, the lads that came in shorts on my PRMC got a total 'extra phys' and you dont need the extra fizz trust me.

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Get some proper speedos, the lads that came in shorts on my PRMC got a total 'extra phys' and you dont need the extra fizz trust me.
Yeah true. Can't remember the last time i wore speedos haha, probably when i was about 7 years old.

Come on guys buy some as well haha

Lee

Reaction score
see for the speedos, i just bought a pair of nike swimming trunks. they are like tight boxers,not briefs if u know what i mean.hope they ll be ok?

im also *text deleted* train as normal, but rest midweek so i can train right up till sunday. then rest again mon then tuesdays just travelling.*text deleted**text deleted*tin myself about the run. i was wanting to get under 10 mins but it seems more like a consistant 10.15ish, so not much room to fcuk up. my aquaint day was well fun so prmc should be epic.

just got to dig deep and enjoy it.

JasonMc

Reaction score
I just have tight pair of puma runnin shorts the type that have the cuts up the sides and flash your thighs just gona use them *text deleted* hope there okay. as for training i think ill take wednesday and saturday off with a little light training sunday morning then that'll be it. cant bloody wait!!

Gav1664

Reaction score
them trunks are the same as what i have for swimming haha glad some one else is wearing them to.

did a test this morning did 3 miles in about 19mins i think, only 52 press ups and only 65 sit up's got to put 10 on eash of them this week but had a bit of a heavy weekend with man u winnin the prem, wounder if they will show the champ's final? but im sh*text deleted*ing my self to i just dont *text deleted* *text deleted* up.

you should beat all your scores when you get down there any ways, and just treat the mile n half as a race....

think ill train hard all week then rest sun mon tues. 3 days should be enough, but prob do some little running and like 20 press ups and sit ups sun and mon just to keep my body loose

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
haha yeah i was drinking and eating crap during the man utd game yesterday.

Do you think we'll beat press/sit/pull-up personal bests down at Lympstone? Because its straight after the bleep test I imagine It's *text deleted* be knackering.

When doing them fresh i can crack out about 55 press-ups, 70 sit-ups and I think I can get the 6 pull-ups but I literally don't have anywere in my house to train for pull-ups so I'm a bit worried.

Gav1664

Reaction score
yeah you'll beat your PB's easy becus you'll be well up for it, *text deleted* done my press ups and situps after a bleep test before and i did better i got 64 press ups and 77 sit ups, plus if you do it from fresh your blood ant flowing but after bleep test it will be so you should do more.

but just stay down for the hole 2 mins for press ups even if you cant do any more it just looks better, plus you might be able to do just one more

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah suppose it should be alright. Once gym test 1 is out the way I'll be happy it's the only one I'm worrying about.

aaron_murphy

Reaction score
hey chaps, yer i been slacking a bit but think im *text deleted* train hard till thursday (pay DAY) then get myself a load of high carb foods and bulk up with energy for tuesday. im really excited but i really dont want to fail when im soo close. been trying my hardest with press ups but can only crack 45 out in the 2 minutes but everything else is sound. gav knows my running should see me through. i got the good old military hair cut yesterday too *text deleted* got to dress to impress ehh. i still havent put on any weight which is disapointing but i dont think ive lost any so its all good.

Gav1664

Reaction score
thanks mate...

yeah getting my hair cut thursday and since every ones said what sort they have had i will as well , 1/2 on sides and back and 3 on top. haha

cant wait now tho just got to get learning my stuff again for interview.

and yeah your running will be fine( i know who im running after any ways haha)

but i think by sound's of it we should all pass, day 1 is the pass or fail day i think then day 2 just dont give up

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
So after a vigorous PT session today I thought I'd attempt some pull-ups to see how I do because I don't usually have much opportunity to practice them.

I managed a good 5 solid pull-ups so I'm hoping I can manage that and maybe even 6 at Lympstone.

bounty hunter

Reaction score
dont forget you need to hold the position at the top, you might wna practice trying it with your thumbs not under the bar because you wont be able to when at PRMC....well if you have really long thumbs maybe but i dont think so :bud:

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
dont forget you need to hold the position at the top, you might wna practice trying it with your thumbs not under the bar because you wont be able to when at PRMC....well if you have really long thumbs maybe but i dont think so :bud:
Yeah I held it for a moment at the top but I didn't think about the thumb thing. I'll give em another bash tomorrow. I reckon I'll be alright though, pull-ups are the only thing I've been worrying about really. And maybe press-ups.

Gav1664

Reaction score
ha im worring about every think haha i cant wait to get down there just need to get in to the right state of mind. think ill be ok just keep hurting my self at work and think *text deleted* got a slight cold haha but oh well not long now. bet week end goes really slow ha

0.01%

Reaction score
Alright fellas. Been away for a couple of weeks staying with some family, so been cracking on with the training but also been slightly led astray diet wise on a couple of occasions *text deleted*. Was worried about that so tested myself today and all my scores had improved;

1.5 miles (after a 12.30 run out) - 8:56
Sit ups - 84
Press ups - 52
Pull ups - 10

Think what has helped me more than anything was the fact that I stopped recording the times for my runs for that fortnight. I simply ran my normal 3 miles at what I felt was a good pace, and then used whatever energy I had left to really hurt myself *text deleted*. Seems to have done the trick as I think in my mind I was unsure whether I may be loosing ability so made every session count. My upper body (press ups and pull ups) have not improved that much but I have been doing a lot more pull ups, basically knocking out 5-8, 10 or so times a day, 5 times a week and that has helped. And my sit ups have improved due to crunches and half sits....until this evening I haven't really done any normal sit ups for about 2 weeks.

Happy with the improvement and just hope I can reproduce that on the day....

Think i'll have a run of about 4 miles tomorrow with some sprints, and then a light session on Saturday then call it a day.

Fingers crossed!!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Good points there by 0.01%

Generally speaking most people that train regularly don't appreciate their improvements as they are so gradual, until they actually keep a fitness diary.

It's then rather encouraging when they flip back a few weeks or months to see their time over a measured distance improving each week. If you view it day by day, rather than week by week, it's very difficult to appreciate how much you have improved.

aaron_murphy

Reaction score
*text deleted* ive slipped up way big time this week ha been doing a lot of press ups and pull ups i got them cracked now, running wise i havent done hardly any though i ran a 3.5 mile in 23 mins in 25 degrees the other day with weights. i dont no bout u guys but my diet has always sucked unfortunately i work in macs meaning i eat that all day but with a PB of 8.03 for 1.5 mile that cant be 2 bad can it *text deleted* i do burn it off every day. i have done hardly any revising for interview though i really shud start soon. i didnt do very well last interview cause i revised all the dates and he asked me contract length i was like erm havent got a clue *text deleted* but i will learn all of it on the train down i reckon since its 7 hours. apart from that i just hope i make it through and then the month before i go in for RT i can really train hard probs give up work 2 train aswell. 5 days to go lets do this chaps!

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yep cardboard can be nutritous, trouble with a Maccy Ds is that the sugar and salt are constantly overloading giving a reverse effect when it comes to energy. Strange how too much sugar can reduce your energy levels, be careful, eating insane, whatever you like when your like has the upsides and equally balanced with the down sides.

Stay safe and good luck everyone!