Rapagna

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone tried it and succeeded?

Is it worth doing?

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Is it timing yourself for 100 press-ups?

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Don't think so, I think it just helps you train enough so you can do 100 without stopping

ooooo... then no i havnt tried it *text deleted*.

stewie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
is that were u do 100 push up 100 sit up and a100 pull up? i was speakin to a rugby *text deleted* n he said that wat he does n hes huge
stewie

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I do this, when i first started i could just about to 10 press ups, i can now average around 50 reps each set.

harrygooner

Reaction score
I do this, very effective training, amazing how quickly you improve

C

critchmufc

I do this, very effective training, amazing how quickly you improve

true, i did the sets 3 days on the run, not increasing but doing mondays one for more than 19 pressups

i increased my max by 6, just by doing 5 minuted work for three days, now for six weeks imagine the results, its only monday,wed,fri you do them, but it is a good way to improve pressups, the best i know about anyway

Nintendouche

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ive just started this after looking at this thread.

Sound's promising

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
if you want an added bonus in performing press ups try this...

start off your first set with your hands together in the middle of your chest, say you can do 50 press ups, do 50.... rest for 30 seconds, DONT *text deleted**text deleted*ING MOVE, keep youself as a plank for 30 seconds and move your hands a little bit further apart,

do 40
rest for 30, move hands further apart
do 30,
rest for 30, move hands futher apart
do 20
repeat
do 10
etc....

you should end up in a wide grip pull up position but as a press up, it works all different parts of the arms and shoulders and mixed with the 100 press ups programme has really rocketed my press up performance.

Joe-T

Reaction score
I've just started the 100 press-up challenge today, I found out that I've been doing my press-ups wrong all this time (I was using more back/shoulder muscles than anything else :uglyhammer:), it feels great to finally feel the burn in my triceps again!

Although this program looks good, could I improve quicker if I trained 6 days a week instead of 3 like the program says? Say, Mon and Tue is are the same, Wed and Thur is the same and Fri and Sat and then rest on Sunday.

Personally I don't think training my arms 3 times a week is enough, but then again, I am no expert. What do you think?

Thank you.

chewbaccas_leg

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Did the Evil Russian Press up Program for the last 2 weeks went from 40 at the start up to 54 in 2 minutes by the end, does help that I've had 2 weeks off work otherwise you're not going to be able to do it. If you do have the time I would definately recommend it. I've just started it again with my new maximum just need to juggle it around a bit now though with work

Joe-T

Reaction score
Hate to bring back an older thread, but it's better than making a new one, does anyone else have a problem with doing sets of press-ups? For example, if I have to do 20 - 25 - 20 - 20 - 28+ with a 90 second rest, I find that I can complete the first 2 sets, then when I get to the third, I can only push out about 12 :embarrest: I could go to an earlier week, but from what the site says, I should be okay with the one I am on now :weird: Any advice would be great, as press-ups is my biggest let down :noob:

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hate to bring back an older thread, but it's better than making a new one, does anyone else have a problem with doing sets of press-ups? For example, if I have to do 20 - 25 - 20 - 20 - 28+ with a 90 second rest, I find that I can complete the first 2 sets, then when I get to the third, I can only push out about 12 :embarrest: I could go to an earlier week, but from what the site says, I should be okay with the one I am on now :weird: Any advice would be great, as press-ups is my biggest let down :noob:

Yeah i find that, and it was a problem when i tried to follow that Russian program.
I'm not amazing at press-ups but i've found progress in training them a few times a week, one day doing a set of e.g 30 every hour throughout the day, then another day doing e.g 6 sets of press-ups of different types, close arm, feet on a chair, clap-pressups, regular Marine style, wide arm stuff like that, then another day doing just 4 straight sets of press-ups as many as i can do.

Also throw them in randomly on runs or workouts, or trying doing a max set every morning/night which some people have had sucess with.

Good luck, they do take a while to get good at - i managed 11 on my first go.

simsie

Reaction score
well, pressups situps and pullups all have the one thing in common. The people who can nail them are the people who are never done practicing them. When I started, I could only nail a few of them, but if you keep working away, you'll crack them out like a maniac.

It's also a good idea to think about putting a tennis ball under your chest so you know roughly how far to go down.

Never done this program, but *text deleted* give it a shot starting from tomorrow as today is a recovery day.

Excellent.