100 pushups routine and general

sean7375

Reaction score
Hi,
Tonight i started the 100 pushups routine but i couldnt get 2 the 4th series.
I started from week 3 as i can do 17-25 pressups. I am 14 but thats no excuse. I went to the absolute limit with my arms and i left exactly a minute in between as advised.
I will start again but on monday.
Any tips for what i should do... etc. leave gap longer?
I have no problems with pull ups or situps as i can do 9 pull ups and 70 situps. Running is a major problem and i get out of breath real quick. A lot of the time i think to myself, how am i *text deleted* do stuff like the 4 and 9 mile speed march..

Cheers,
Sean

Comments much appreciated

RC

Reaction score
sean7375 said:
Hi,
Tonight i started the 100 pushups routine but i couldnt get 2 the 4th series.
I started from week 3 as i can do 17-25 pressups. I am 14 but thats no excuse. I went to the absolute limit with my arms and i left exactly a minute in between as advised.
I will start again but on monday.
Any tips for what i should do... etc. leave gap longer?
I have no problems with pull ups or situps as i can do 9 pull ups and 70 situps. Running is a major problem and i get out of breath real quick. A lot of the time i think to myself, how am i *text deleted* do stuff like the 4 and 9 mile speed march..

Cheers,
Sean

Comments much appreciated
Yeah, take a longer rest if required or do less press up per set. You don't have to follow the programme exactly.

As for running, if you "get out of breath real quick", simply adjust your pace to a level you can maintain. There's no need to be 'extra phys' yourself at this stage.

Rich.

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'd recommend starting from week one, unless you can get into the high end of 17-25.

I could pull off 17, but I started off at week one as I knew I wouldn't be able to cope starting at week 3.