10K Race

Srew

Reaction score
Alright fellas,

Did a 10K race around whipsnade zoo yesterday. Did it in 41:33, but found it quite hard, and was on my chin straps by the end. That was without any kit. In RT do you think you'll have to maintain that sort of speed for that distance with kit, webbing etc? If so I'll really have to step it up abit.

Cheers lads, Srew.

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Works out at summin like 6.2 miles i think so you got a pretty damn good time mate.

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
thats a good time that mate *text deleted* doin about 6 1/2 min mile i don't think u really need to step it up just keep trainin how u r

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
During training speed marches are done at an average pace of 10 minute miles (which is a light jog).

You walk up hills then run down so obviously you have to run quicker than 6 miles an hour to make up the time but you get a bit of a 'rest' when walking so it is not constant.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats mate.. Very good effort there.. Races are always hard because you push yourself that little bit harder than you would in training, Just because your against other people etc... Well Done mate.. Keep the good work up! :applaus:

Sam

Srew

Reaction score
Cheers for the replies, was a bit worried that I would have to do the same but with all that kit.

Srew

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers for the replies, was a bit worried that I would have to do the same but with all that kit.

Srew
Yeah it is daunting but you will be trained gradually upto that standard so it's all good.

Very good time *text deleted*.