10th March London PRMRC

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by NorthernYomper, Mar 17, 2017.

1. NorthernYomper

NorthernYomper Member

Hi, I know there was a London RMR Prmc on the 10th March. Anyone on this one, or know how people got on?

2. larmr

larmr New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yes, I was on this one and passed. I think there was 8 London and 7 Bristol (15 total). 9 out of 15 passed. Feel free to ping me any questions.

3. posh_punter

posh_punter New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I was on it too. Just about to post a diary of it, because I think it would be really helpful for those planning on getting on the one coming up in the summer. Keep an eye out for it on the PRMC diaries thread.

4. posh_punter

posh_punter New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
  5. NorthernYomper

NorthernYomper Member

@larmr Cheers mate. Huge congrats on passing and taking the time.

First up, the obligatory what were your stats pre-prmc training, and what were your stats post prmc? How long were you in holding troop before your PRMC? Where you London?

Cheers again mate.

6. posh_punter

posh_punter New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Thanks bud. Yeah, London. Cambridge det.
    From memory, before starting training I could do 10 pull-ups quite easily. Press-ups were about 35. Sit-ups were about 38. I had a good basic level of cardio fitness beforehand, so was getting sub 10 mins on the run from the start. Bleep test was about 11.4 .
    Basically the numbers I got at PRMC were what I was doing in the gym the week before I went.

I was going to the Det in Oxford every week for a couple of months beforehand and did an RMFA every week there, as well as a nasty circuits session. This really helped, as the other guys push you harder.

7. larmr

larmr New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    No problem,
    My run was 9:30 on PRMC (9:45 PB before) all other gym tests were the same results apart from my pull ups were (6 on PRMC 8 before) I was in holding troop 4/5 months before PRMC which definitely does give you the edge. Once a month before PRMC we would do the RMFA at London which certainly gives you the confidence you can pass that part.

My best bit of advice would be don't over think the whole thing, train hard, rest a full week before you get there,when you get there dig out blind on everything you do and eat loads!

Also chuck salt on every meal while you are there, quite a few of the blokes struggled with cramps...