11 November - Armistice Day

Discussion in 'Royal Marines History and Knowledge' started by Ninja_Stoker, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker .

For those interested in military history, the quote in this post #14, for me, gives an insight of what Remembrance Sunday is all about.

For some, the rush of adrenalin experienced in combat is a once in a lifetime buzz, a feeling like no other. For others, the profound long term effects of first hand combat experience is something the individual struggles with and a potential ticking time-bomb for many years in the memory of those who have experienced combat, and the impact on their families and their dependants, the living and the dead.

• Like Like x 8
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  2. Rover

Rover Moderator

Just Remember.jpg

When you next pass an elderly person, just think.
    Never forget those who sacrificed all.
    But also remember the living.

• Like Like x 10
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 2
  3. westy

westy Well-Known Member

I recently put an ex 1 Para lad, who suffers severe PTSD in touch with a company called Rock2recovery, who helps assist lads get the help they need!

I just hope this was enough to save his life as he was close to suicide!

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Bluebear

Bluebear Moderator

App Stage:
    Parent
    Seeing my son lay the RM wreath in our local ceremony tomorrow and salute the cenotaph, will be almost as good as pass out day for me. Having someone close, in the military, gives the service so much meaning. particularly when there is a very elderly RM standing at his side who has probably seen a lot of action! Really proud to wear the red poppy!

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 6
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker .

Absolutely

I thought these photos, posted by @Rover, here a couple of years back really said it all when it comes to remembrance;

Screenshot_20181117_144529.jpg

Screenshot_20181116_203452.jpg

Screenshot_20181117_144300.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2