16 a good age?

ash mitch 1

Reaction score
Would I be the only 16 year old in the prmc? Is 16 really a good age to join?

arny01

Ex Pongo.
Reaction score
Would I be the only 16 year old in the prmc? Is 16 really a good age to join?
My son was just gone 17 starting RT! You are more likely than not, to get injured due to not being fully developed, your body may have an adverse reaction to the sustained demands placed upon it? And dealing with separation and the mental fortitude required to pass Royal Marines RT is tough for the younger aged.

However lads your age, do passout, and do very well!! If your prepared for "all eventualities" if you get to RT, then there is no reason why you can't achieve. You just need to prepare, and have a bit of maturity about you to accept how difficult RT really is.

Kez1996

Reaction score
It's up to you mate but my suggestion would be to wait until your 18 get a job train hard and you will be better prepared for RT also you'll realise how *text deleted* civvy street is which might help when you have doubts in RT

DhobiWanKenobi

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Just to add to the above, my best oppo in training was 16 when he started, and he certainly had no problems. Obviously it depends on the person, but he ended up as one of the strongest in the troop. All the best!