16 year olds

Taggart91

Reaction score
I daubt anyone will know the anser to this but i was just wondering how many 16 year olds have passed RT without being backtrooped?
Sounds like a stupid question but im just curious.

matty630

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
When I started RT we were told only 5% of 16 year olds finish RT, that was when your going for regular at lympstone. Dont know what it is for the part timers haha. Most 16 year olds are probably the fittest, but when it comes to getting cold and wet and missing home and stuff, i think thats were they get out. Ignore the figures, because if you can do it, you can do it. My advice, wait till your 18 only so you stand the best chance possible of finishing. Good luck whatever you choose to do.

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yeah but the thing is id bet most 16 year olds would be 17 by the time they complete rt. you finish school in what? july i think and then lets say 4-6 months going through application and then rt by that time most 16 year olds would of had the 17th birthday i would suspect

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeah but the thing is id bet most 16 year olds would be 17 by the time they complete rt. you finish school in what? july i think and then lets say 4-6 months going through application and then rt by that time most 16 year olds would of had the 17th birthday i would suspect
You can apply at 15 and 9 months.

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I will be 17 in january so by the time i hopefully get in RT i will be 17.

Taggart91

Reaction score
When I started RT we were told only 5% of 16 year olds finish RT, that was when your going for regular at lympstone. Dont know what it is for the part timers haha. Most 16 year olds are probably the fittest, but when it comes to getting cold and wet and missing home and stuff, i think thats were they get out. Ignore the figures, because if you can do it, you can do it. My advice, wait till your 18 only so you stand the best chance possible of finishing. Good luck whatever you choose to do.
Haha yeah i just wanted to say that i put this in completely the wrong section sorry :(