GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
how many people are there that apply at 16 ? is there alot or only a few im gona go down to my local afco soon and have a chat and sign up

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I am. Hoping to go for RT about Jan time, I turn 17 in December.

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
ye im 16 now and my birthday is in feb so if all gose well i might be 16 when i start my basic training

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
I'm 16 and *text deleted* got my psychometric on 26th of june.

wake up at 6:00am as i *text deleted* catch 3 buses to get to my AFCO :(
you could say im gutted!1

:love:

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
ye i gota get a c2c to mine i think any way have to find the exact rout but i think its a c2c then a buss ride there should be more of them, the closes one to me is in London

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
A Royal told me at careers office that 95% of 16 year olds fail, he said they get through first 16 weeks easily because its just like army training he said then its the last 16 they struggle with

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
lets just hope we are that 5% that pass, you mite aswell go for it and see if you pass.

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Dont know if it was 100 true mate, might of bin saying it to put me off

Sitmus

Reaction score
Good luck with getting in at 16.

3 buses to your AFOC, must take ages.

I have to go on a boat to see my one! :P

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Dont know if it was 100 true mate, might of bin saying it to put me off
ye i was kind of getting worried there, me being 16 and the Royal saying that, kind of made me feel that i have no chance but i mite as well try anyway.

Skippy

Reaction score
think of it this way, how many people want to try big themselves up and rush into things not really knowing what they are getting themselves into ?

Skippy

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ive got the greatest respet for lads that do it at 16. Im 19 now, and Im pretty sure I couldnt of done it at 16, there were some 16 year olds on my PRMC and they passed, respect to them for doing it as at 16 Id of been a little gob*text deleted**text deleted*e.

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
A reason for me going in at 16 is because the royal marines are the only thing i want to do in life, nothing really interests me in college of school, hardly any of the college courses give me what i want, im not sure what i want to do with my life except the royal marines.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Well you should go for it regardless, it's a bloody good thing to aim for and if you can overcome the doubt, then you can overcome the pressure I'm sure!

Im just pushing past 21, matured hell of alot and realised what I want out of life. Doubt I could of made my mind up at 16, so all the best to you and much respect! Though.. I was far fitter and competing internationally with tae kwon do back then haha:toung:

samw992

Reaction score
im applying in september, ill be 15 and 10 months. spoke to a royal marine who came to school today and he said they can stretch out the selection process till next june when ive sat all my gcse's

Taylor

Reaction score
Im 16, 17 in august.

Waiting for a prmc date =] :rock:

J

Jason_A

16 here, too. Question: How many 16 year olds actually get through to the 32-weeks of training?

Floyd

Reaction score
A Royal told me at careers office that 95% of 16 year olds fail, he said they get through first 16 weeks easily because its just like army training he said then its the last 16 they struggle with
Interesting, why is it they dont pass the other 16 weeks? any specific reason?