171 Training

OnTheFlank

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Alright lads, going to try and update as I progress through training, a week today before I join.
Another member, Rover I think suggested it. Haven't seen much new posts in this section since the website got redone so may as well.
Should be back in 4 weeks for summer leave so I'd imagine that's when I'll have the time to get back on here.

OnTheFlank

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Right then, first 4 weeks done, basically foundation isn't training, its just a transition phase. i.e getting everyone up to the same standard in personal admin, getting you familiar with camp, phys etc. Just general military way of doing things. Be prepared for minimal sleep especially if you get a visit from the locker fairy ;)
We had to stay in foundation block for 3 weeks because of no space elsewhere which was *text deleted*. And due to families day/leave we worked 2 weeks without a weekend and didn't get to go home with families. A few lads were threaders with that.
The phys started to build up and the 2 field ex's we did we pretty basic but still it definitely beats admin :).
To be honest I would have preferred to stay longer and say, crack gym pass out before leave but you cant proff every time.
I think 5-6 lads have left/backtrooped so far.
Only 7months left, and even though its the very basic; *text deleted*, baffles, brains part of training I am loving it.

In your place for camp circuit........GO!

jsheridan

Reaction score
Why weren't you allowed home with your families? Last weekend before leave is a working one etc?

OnTheFlank

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Why weren't you allowed home with your families? Last weekend before leave is a working one etc?

Just how it worked out, I think leave was on the 9th and to complete week 4 before we left for summer leave we had to work straight through the weekend until the Thursday (9th). Bit of a weird one only getting 2 hours with parents but end of the day it was only a week until summer leave.