17k Commando challenge

fremyjay

Reaction score
anyone doing the commando challenge in july, me and my mate are signed up thought it would be good to see if my training is upto scratch

itslikethat

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah mate I am, me and a mate are doing it, see you up there !

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Glad you reminded me of this. Will definitely look into it if I can find people to go with.

Problem is that it is quite expensive isn't it...........

LMWH1985

Reaction score
Glad you reminded me of this. Will definitely look into it if I can find people to go with.

Problem is that it is quite expensive isn't it...........
Say I pass PRMC, and it didn't clash with a start date. I'd go down and do it buddy...

:bud:

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
You live near to me LMWH?

Anyone know roughly how much it would all cost (all expenses?). I know train ticket for me return is like ?55.

Steffan - it is the endurance course you do on PRMC. You have to do it as a team, it is a charity event. Good fun I would think for the average Joe, probably good training for us. The obstacles cover just over 2 miles, so I believe it would be something like - 5mi out, 2mi course, 5mi return.

Messenger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
A bunch of us girls are doing the 4k in October. Watch out for our team 'Girls Go Commando' !

Harvs

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm thinking either the 10k or the 17k. I'd much prefer to do the 17k, but a few of my friends who want to do it would rather the 10k at the moment. :flushed:

fremyjay

Reaction score
Im signed up for the 17k in july and the 10k in october, im lucky enough to live near enough to lympstone to drive in an hour or so, all in for one person including t-shirt, wrist band(optional +?2) and entry fee it comes to ?35 which is good as its for a good cause and dont forget to raise a minimum ?100 sponsorship. hope to see some of you guys down there. Those you are going post up your start time, name and number so we can spot each other =]

LMWH1985

Reaction score
You live near to me LMWH?

Anyone know roughly how much it would all cost (all expenses?). I know train ticket for me return is like ?55.

Steffan - it is the endurance course you do on PRMC. You have to do it as a team, it is a charity event. Good fun I would think for the average Joe, probably good training for us. The obstacles cover just over 2 miles, so I believe it would be something like - 5mi out, 2mi course, 5mi return.
This is of course Lmw of the prmc facebook group. Pretty local, I live in Kidderminster, just down the road from B'Ham anyway. :albert:

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Boom! Well if we pass PRMC I doubt well be in RT before the challenge (unless you get cancellations).

LMWH1985

Reaction score
Boom! Well if we pass PRMC I doubt well be in RT before the challenge (unless you get cancellations).
May be a date then. I'd be well up for the 17k deal, But PRMC first and foremost.
Been reading the post about BMF... Wish I had carried through my interest before christmas to start it, but being a tight git (at the time) didn't. Sounds well worth it. Closest to me is Stourbridge somewhere.

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I go every week. Brilliant PRMC preparation. A guy who goes mine goes to BMF several times a week and said it's probably the main reason he got a superior pass.

I would recommend it to anyone.

Steffan

Reaction score
ahh right, cheers buddy

LMWH1985

Reaction score
I go every week. Brilliant PRMC preparation. A guy who goes mine goes to BMF several times a week and said it's probably the main reason he got a superior pass.

I would recommend it to anyone.
I've signed up, will be attending Saturday morning, and should get three/four sessions in before prmc. :bud:

The commando challenge looks awesome too something else to train toward.