Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

185 Kings Squad Pass Out.

Discussion in 'Pass Out' started by Mr D, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Mr D

Mr D Well-Known Member

I think 187 might be young Pingu's troop now, If I'm not mistaken they merged cuddles troop(186) with 187 due to numbers.

2. MumtoRM

MumtoRM Moderator

Can't believe he's so close to passing out!

Wonder what happened to the others from here? @Betty, @seancope, @superda, @Crash445, @preacher, @Dan Rice and @SMUDGE95 (187 troop)

Who's cuddles?

3. B9bbj

B9bbj Member

Mr D, Well done am so made up for all the family, can not wait for my mans turn, the world is at his feet now, wow what a life he is going to have, please pass on congratulations from B9bbj, well done lad.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr D

Mr D Well-Known Member

@B9bbj thanks mate,and no it wont be long,whens he due back of VE ?

@MumtoRM 185 troop had a nickname for 186 troop cuddles troop as they never seems to be getting thrashed at all,that I must say changed about wk 20. I'm not sure about the other lads i seem to recall Betty,getting backtrooped about wk 9 in gym pass out,not sure if he's still about CTC or what.

• Like Like x 1
  5. B9bbj

B9bbj Member

Probably back now , but not heard from him Mr D, prob in bed now recovering as we speak.

6. ChapStick

ChapStick Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Partner
    Well @Mr D your post ratings will be good after this post ;)

7. Mr D

Mr D Well-Known Member

One thing I didn't mention in my write up,was the Sgt Major,and Portsmouth company CO,did mention on numerous occasions that "you" meaning us ie parents/partners and all those associated with the young Royals are now part of the family and I really believe that it wasn't just bs to make you feel better it was I feel genuine and that i must say was heartwarming,I'm sure that Charlie,Mumz and others before us got the same invitation to join the extended family, that I feel is one of the things that makes the corps special. You may think whats he on about now but I see the P&P sub forum in the same light,these boards are awesome and I love the way that everyone is not only supportive of others with a good luck "x" or well done "w" but also really interested in what are in effect total strangers sons and their welfare and long may it continue,and hopefully get stronger, so well done GW and the gang for giving us the platform to express ourselves.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Miller06

Miller06 Well-Known Member

Well said @Mr D it's brilliant to have somewhere to air thoughts, feelings and anxieties my son being the first ever in our family to join the armed forces no one else really understands the journey so it's been such a help to be able to do so via this forum.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Bob Smith

Bob Smith Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Brilliant diary. Best of luck to you and your son Mr D, and do continue to help out on here as much as possible!

• Like Like x 1
  10. DhobiWanKenobi

DhobiWanKenobi Royal Marines Commando

Good to hear he got through, congrats!

11. Mr D

Mr D Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. Welsh Mum

Welsh Mum Well-Known Member

I've only just had the opportunity to read this in full and, yep, I have also been moved to tears. What wonderful memories you have. Good luck to your lad... sorry, Marine.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ajportland

ajportland Well-Known Member

My lad is in 193 and has just passed 1st half of training; Baptist Run etc, and I can't tell you how relieved I am that he has got this far, and is enjoying it! Really don't know where he gets his massochistic streak from! Just would like to reiterate how wonderful this forum is. It is not easy to appear as cool as a cucumber one moment, whilst feeling a jibbering wreck, but we do, and that is because as parents/loved ones we are all in it together. If there is an award for social forums, this one should be in the running.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Mr D

Mr D Well-Known Member

@ajportland ,are you a member of thr P&P sub forum ?,if not then just contact a mod and jump onboard,

15. Rover

Rover Moderator

Noted and done.

16. Geordie potatoe

Geordie potatoe Member

Got such a buzz from this. Congratulations to your lad!Can't wait to one day be behind that curtain and see my parents and my daughters face's as I'm presented with a green lid and make them proud.it all seems a very distant dream but will one day be a reality. Thanks for sharing your experience.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mr D

Mr D Well-Known Member

@Geordie potatoe Its all about hard work mate, Your TT will do their upmost to get you through RT but ultimately it's you that have to do the graft, no-one can do it for you,I'd be surprised if most recruits at some stage didnt think about leaving for many many reasons,this is were the state of mind comes in to push through the bad times, Ste Preece allways says to keep one eye on Kings Squad when at CTC,and picture yourself as one of them in a few short months, let that be your motivation.

Good luck to you.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Geordie potatoe

Geordie potatoe Member

@Mr D cheers and I will be sure to keep one eye on kings squad. I might spend a year in hunter trying to become a royal marine but That will be the only thing I will let slow me ha. I hope :-/

• Like Like x 1