1st of July PRMC Diary.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, just decided to do most of it on the train since there was *text deleted**text deleted* all to do, 8 hour ride *text deleted*.:rolleyes::mad:

Anyway the PRMC was good, I arrived later at 5 oclock; second last person haha, grabbed kit(boots, tshirts, rugby shirts, combats etc)
First night went for scran then for our Maths and English tests, that were pretty easy, nothing to worry about. Only some people do them ofcourse but most did them. Then we went back and cleaned out the rooms and halls then went for 9 oclockers(food) then more cleaning if i recall correctly).

Day 1-

Up at 5:45 for showering/cleansingn etc then scran. We then got our combats on and went for a little drill Later on after MORE cleaning *text deleted* we got down to business. We went out for the 3 miler, it's 1.5 miles then you reverse and go back

around the route, I started at the back of the cue on the 'best time' second part but managed to blast past most and grabbed 12th with a time of 8:59 a decent improvement over my RMAD time of 9:28 thanks to hard training. We then went back and had the weapons acquaint and then food at 12. Then came Gym test 1 in the afternoon an hour after lunch. First we did the bleep test, I personally got 12.6- much better than my previous 11.6 and on the upperbody exercises I got 47 pushups, 75 situps and ofcourse 6 pullups. Next was swimming, basically jump off the diving board and swim up and down without touching the sides and then climb out.

We then did more cleaning if I recall|(We were pretty much asked to do cleaning every spare time we had *text deleted*, *text deleted**text deleted*s; even though the place had been cleaned a couple of hours earlier and was still clean) In the evening we had a little question time with some 'diamond' recruits who were in hunter troop. The evening was the usual, 9oclockers, cleaning and then lieing in bed for an hour laughing at hobknob(*text deleted*), nah people just chatting bollox...

Day 2-

Starts with the Usual shizer so i'll skip it. We got our combats and boots on and headed to the Death slide, it doesn't look scary and it isn't but I found it a bit different standing at the top of it, needless to say I ofcourse did it and it was cool, one tool lost his grip going down it *text deleted*, thank *text deleted**text deleted* for the harnesses or we would have been spam. Once we had all had a go, we went to the bottom field where we were shown the assualt course and had a go on each section before being timed round it which was quite cool. I got 3:31, not great but I was thirsty as hell, didn't get much time to drink. We then had the deterimination test which involved running back and forth accross the bottom field, jumping in the monkey bars pool and then doing piggy backs and pulling each other up the hill which was pretty hard but good, didn't last long really, about 20 minutes max..Then in the afternoon it was time for Gym test 2, for warmup we did sprints where you ran to the otherside of the hall and you would be spun round rapidly about 15 or 20 times then you would sprint back up which was pretty funny and then onto the 'stances' which are not really stances,

just exercises some being team driven like getting 3 gym mats over a box while you're all standing on them and you're not allowed to touch the floor. It was all good. Then when we were hanging out we had a race, 4 of us a mat carrying it around.

Day 3-

Same usual shizer except for up a little later, we cleaned up all our kit etc then those who passed and failed were seperated for the failed people to get a briefing, we then went for another little lecture on recruit training and watched a video of an older troop going through training and then the Training wing commander came and gave us a brief and let us ask questions, then we sent away our borrowed clothing/bedding and got our boots and then it we were off at about 12!

All in all, a good little taster, not hard depending on your mindstate and if you're fitness is upto the standard.

That's all, might have missed some bits out but meh, feel free to post your own diaries.

jeremy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well done! Mind posting an overview of the training you were doing pre prmc? :)

thanks!

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well done! Mind posting an overview of the training you were doing pre prmc? :)

thanks!

Cheers, sure. Just exercising 5/6 days a week, 3, 4, 6 milers, HIIT/Fartlek, Bleep test, HIIT(High intensity inteval training)cycling, 1 or 2 circuits and Swimming, sometimes running twice a day. Situps every couple of days, no specific routine really, couple of sets of 40 in 1 minute and then the other ab exercises like leg raises, crunches, just keeping it hard and for pushups I did the evil russian pushup program which you can find in the training forum, that will get them up a bit although I didn't do as much as I could at home at the PRMC.

Overall I think Fartlek/HIIT is very good mainly because it's hard as *text deleted* if you're doing it right and the results are clear.

Tip is to really make sure you drink on your way to a test or whatever as I was waiting for him to say take a drink but he didn't and I hadn't really drunk much before several of the tests so I felt that my performance wasn't as good as it could have been. Like they say 1% dehydration, 70% performance loss: apparently.:doh:

Good luck on yours! The CV really is most important.

deano1617

Reaction score
hi well done sounds like a gd weekend
if ya pass *text deleted*
i just sent my security check off so should be getting my date through soon
just wondering if you could give me an idea of the HIIT training you did
maybe 1 or 2 examples?
cheers dean

evander

Reaction score
Prmc-done!

evently arrived back home from the prmc at about 12.10a.m after 12 hours of travelling! *text deleted**text deleted* sake!! PRMC was exellent! cannot wait until i start training, just going to train really hard and try to break these boots in aswell! Every1 keep in touch and will hopefully see sum of u lot in training!

Evan (JOCK):P

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
evently arrived back home from the prmc at about 12.10a.m after 12 hours of travelling! *text deleted**text deleted* sake!! PRMC was exellent! cannot wait until i start training, just going to train really hard and try to break these boots in aswell! Every1 keep in touch and will hopefully see sum of u lot in training!

Evan (JOCK):P

F'in ell, was it one train? I was luckier, arrived at Waverley at 8:15 and got back home an hour later. :biggrin:

Chin up!:bigsmile: