Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

1st of March

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by Fedex, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Fedex

Fedex Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Confirmed this date with my AFCO today, still a good couple of months away but as I'm due a work bonus in March I didn't want to lose it.....of course the extra time to train was a good incentive as well ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. skeebop

skeebop Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I'm on this PRMC too mate - got my tickets today!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fedex

Fedex Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Nice one! haven't seen anyone else on this one yet

4. skeebop

skeebop Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    How's your training going? 5 weeks out today!

5. Fedex

Fedex Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Not too bad, still need to pass a bleep test and improve the gym tests but seen lots of progress since before christmas, how's yours?

• Like Like x 1
  6. skeebop

skeebop Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    About the same. Following arny01's training plan almost to a tee and trying to make every workout count! Haven't done a bleep test yet so will have to get around to that soon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. caveman

caveman Member

Alright lads.....

Afco made me do the 3 miler with a sub 9.30 return. Thankfully passed it and they have booked me on for this PRMC date.

How are you both doing training wise???

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fedex

Fedex Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Nice one, not doing too badly just can't seem to improve my press-ups, started gainers last week so will hopefully add some before our prmc, how's yours going?

9. skeebop

skeebop Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Training going OK. Just in from a 9k run, gradually increasing my distances to build up endurance. I've been struggling with press-ups too but have seen improvements using Rest/Pause workout from Sean Lerwill - not massive gains but going in the right direction at least!

• Like Like x 1
  10. caveman

caveman Member

Yeah my training is getting there, the next couple of weeks I'm really focussing on my body weight stuff for the gym test....
    Just trying to lose a couple of lb just to make things easier but I'm not too worried as my scores are alright and consistent. Got a bit of time to improve them slightly.

FedEx how much do you weigh? Using weight gainers as in protein shakes?
    Skeebop how many pressups are you hitting to the beep?

What about your bleep tests? Been practicing?

11. skeebop

skeebop Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Pretty sure he means the gainers workout by Sean Lerwill, rather than the shakes. Funnily enough I am on the shakes as I'm towards the lower end of the scale weight wise at 67kg!
    Press-ups to the beep at my last attempt was 41 - not great but hoping to be up around 50 by the time PRMC comes around. Did my first bleep test on Monday and got 11.9, planning on doing it once a week and keep improving.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fedex

Fedex Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Yeah I was on about the Sean Lerwill gainers, I'm trying to lose weight ideally, weigh 81kgs but carrying some fat which won't make the tests easier, I got 11.5 on the bleep test last week but trying to do them every week also, will do one tomorrow as I'm off work.
    Bleep test and Press-ups are my weak points really.

13. caveman

caveman Member

Has that gainer workout worked for you both?
    With your pressups I've found something which has helped me a fair amount.
    Every other day I would do pressups to the beep, then afterwards I will do sets of 20 at my own pace, then just reduce the number of pressups when need. Other things like doing a plank in the press up position for as long as you can for 3 sets, mountain climbers and bunny hops. All these burn your shoulders, tris and core. Hopefully these will increase your endurance doing press ups to a beep. they have done for me!!

Haha a your not the only one, I weigh between 84kg-86kg. Have you been doing the bleep test on the same day as the 3 miler? What work out routines have you been doing for your running? My bleep test have improved a lot and I think its from all the sprints and interval training.... Do you do any strength sessions during your training week?

14. Fedex

Fedex Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I've only started the gainers recently as I hit a plateu with press-ups but each day it does seem to get easier, I'm up for trying anything so will give those a go if this isn't working. Been doing the 3 miler tuesday nights then bleep wednesday mornings with weights in the evening. To be honest I've been guilty of doing much more strength training as its what I do when I train with other people. Running wise i've been doing 3 milers, longer runs and sprints on the treadmill, been finishing my 10ks on a big hill near me which gives me good practice at carrying on with my legs burning. I think tomorrow I'll do a bleep test followed by the 3 miler to replicate the prmc. Anything you reckon you're struggling on?

15. caveman

caveman Member

I strongly agree with doing the 3 miler then the bleep test. I think you do the bleep test 2 hours after the 3 miler. The warrant officer who is looking after me has been drilling this into me just because we won't be doing the gym test from fresh.
    Haven't recently done the bleep test after the 3miler but the other morning i did do 3 bleep tests with 5min rest inbetween each and on the third I can't explain how much I was blowing out my *text deleted*!!

I'm guilty too about weights. I have cut them down recently though. I've just been doing a low body session and a upper body session (chest and back) each week. I've found lowering the weights and slowing down the eccentric movement giving me more gains, also 30sec rests to get the lungs working a bit.... If it wasn't for strength traing I really do think I would still be stuck on 4 pull ups

Yeah I would say my sit ups are my weakness..... Tried it to the beep the other day and got to 70 but being honest my form was shocking after 50, like my knees would come apart and trying to get momentum with my arms. Have you been doing any routines for these??? Also just working on my long distance running too like not stopping during. Only started running on roads since late December due to a knee injury from September the the end of October. Just just putting the shock back through the leg!

16. Fedex

Fedex Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I think I'll have to do that tomorrow then get me used to it, 3 bleep tests sounds like hell but well worth it. Yeah I'm definitely just focusing on the tests now with 4 weeks to go.
    All I've been doing for them is plenty of different core exercises, I struggle with getting my elbow and head to touch the floor without literally smashing it into the ground haha so for the real thing mine wouldn't all count, I've started gainers for them too so much stricter with form.
    Thats bad luck, my strength is definitely running, used to be faster a couple of years ago but my fitness dropped right after uni once I started working full time, been having to try and get back to where I was since applying.

17. Fedex

Fedex Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I think I'll have to do that tomorrow then get me used to it, 3 bleep tests sounds like hell but well worth it. Yeah I'm definitely just focusing on the tests now with 4 weeks to go.
    All I've been doing for them is plenty of different core exercises, I struggle with getting my elbow and head to touch the floor without literally smashing it into the ground haha so for the real thing mine wouldn't all count, I've started gainers for them too so much stricter with form.
    Thats bad luck, my strength is definitely running, used to be faster a couple of years ago but my fitness dropped right after uni once I started working full time, been having to try and get back to where I was since applying.

18. skeebop

skeebop Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Bleep test and gym tests are something I'm definitely going to push for the next few weeks, really want to be confident of them before making the trip. Not particularly looking forward to the drags and carries on bottom field so might try give them a go beforehand too.

• Like Like x 1
  19. caveman

caveman Member

FedEx how did your training go today?? Yeah I wish my strength was running. It's taken nearly a year to get where I've got. Yeah skeebop I'm with you about the drags and carries. do either of you go to the afco to train with the officer who looks after you??

20. skeebop

skeebop Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    No caveman I don't train at all at my AFCO, it's a 5 hour drive for me anyway as I'm in joining from Ireland!
    Have either of you done Fintan circuits? Would highly recommend them if not, really pushes you. I'm just in from my first one there and hanging isn't the word!!

http://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/ex-rm-pti-fintan-circuit.13477/