Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

1st of March

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by Fedex, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Gokudo_Shiken

Gokudo_Shiken New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I got a PRMC on this date as well mate! got a meeting at my local AFCO tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fedex

Fedex Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Training was decent today, been feeling pretty ill and weather was windy but managed a 9:05 return then had a bleep test 30mins later got 11.6, how was yours?
    My AFCO is very nearby but I havn't even been in there since july, don't think we have an officer for training.

Havn't tried fintans yet, tried something similar with a footie pitch and the exercises we get tested on, will have to give it a go next week

• Like Like x 1
  3. caveman

caveman Member

Haha yes mate I did summer last year, swear I was nearly sick every time. I'm going start it next week I reckon. The sprints become a slow jog

4. foggydh

foggydh New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Alright lads, I'm also booked for the 1st so i should see you down there! How's the training going?

5. skeebop

skeebop Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Welcome foggydh! Training going well, although really need to push the gym tests in the next 2 weeks. Looking at Corps knowledge as much as possible now too. How's yours going?

6. foggydh

foggydh New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Not too bad mate cheers! Same here, really pushing to make sure I can smash them all after the warm up. Bleep test is my biggest crux at the moment but i think that's mostly mental for me! Aye trying to cram as much as I can in at the moment too. At what point are you going to start ramping down your training before?

7. skeebop

skeebop Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    For the bleep test make sure you're switching the leg you turn on if you're not already - sounds obvious I know but it made a big difference for me!
    Was thinking about that myself - might do my last run on the Friday, swim Saturday and have 3/4 solid rest days before the PRMC itself. Will probably keep ticking over with press ups, etc though. Then I guess just try mentally prepare for a challenging 3 days!!

8. foggydh

foggydh New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Yeah I find there's a lot more technique in the bleep than you expect! Thinking very similar mate, want to make sure I'm as rested as possible for the course. Can't imagine stats will change much in 4 days of rest or so!

9. caveman

caveman Member

Alright foggydh!! How's your training going??

Everyone feeling confident??
    How's the pressups coming along skeebop and FedEx ?

10. foggydh

foggydh New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Not too bad mate! Just trying to make sure I'm as prepared as possible. What about you?
    Also any lads getting the 1217 train from Birmingham?

11. Fedex

Fedex Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Starting to feel the nerves now, excited too though. managed 34 press-ups the other day after about 10 days of gainers still need to improve sit ups but technique on them seems to be right.
    I'm on the 12:01 train from oxford, change at reading for 12:33 then exeter st davids at 14:16, anyone on these trains?

12. skeebop

skeebop Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Feeling excited now too but naturally a bit nervous! My press-ups haven't really come on much but I'll keep pushing it.
    Looks like I'll be getting into Lympstone before midday, not sure if that's a good or bad thing!

13. caveman

caveman Member

Yeah the training has been good over last week, just trying to figure out what to do this week. Think I'm going have my last hard training session Friday maybe. The nerves have kicked in big time though ha. Can't wait now! I'm on the Birmingham train at 11.17 then the st David's one 14.16.

14. skeebop

skeebop Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    What kind of detail have you guys gone into for Corps knowledge? Not long to go now!

15. caveman

caveman Member

Just all the basics, mainly working on VC winners, memorable dates, where and what the commando groups are doing, ranks, training and tests. How about you?

16. skeebop

skeebop Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Same as mate. Seems to be a written test now rather than an interview, if recent PRMC's are anything to go by.

17. Marine To Be

Marine To Be Valuable Contributor

Best of luck lads quite of few of us on here start RT tomorrow so you'll be seeing us when you visit foundation block

• Like Like x 3
  18. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Good luck to everyone on their PRMC. It may be wiser to PM each other specifics of travel times rather than posting them up on an open forum though. PERSEC and all that stuff. :)

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  19. skeebop

skeebop Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Very best of luck to you, exciting times!