2 Questions

louis07

Reaction score
I was just wondering what the guidelines are in regards to chest infections and also antibiotics?

I’ve got some what of a congestion/excess phlegm thing going on (like needing to clear my throat more than I used to before this issue) and was thinking of getting it checked out by a doctor, but don’t know how chest infections affect your application/medical.

It has improved over the last few weeks, but the progress has been slow and it’s quite annoying, it’s not affecting my breathing or anything but I just can’t quite shift it fully. I do need to go to the doctors anyways as I’ve got a small bit of back acne and a few years ago I was prescribed antibiotics for it, but didn’t complete the course which was very clever... so it never cleared up fully.

I looked on the medical standards document on the RN website and couldn’t see anything referring to chest infections, so presumably, I should be okay if it turns out to be that? I’m aiming to be fit enough to apply around Feb 2021 so obviously want to make sure I’m good to go.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

sharpe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I’d honestly not recommend this place for advice re medical conditions mate, get a call booked with your gp to diagnose what you may or may not have and go from there

louis07

Reaction score
I’d honestly not recommend this place for advice re medical conditions mate, get a call booked with your gp to diagnose what you may or may not have and go from there
Fair one. Just didn’t know if having a chest infection within a year of applying affects your medical in anyway.

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
A single chest infection , would have no negative impact on your application.