2% upslope and PJFT

Reaction score
Wow, How much difference does that 2% make on a running machine.

I just tried the PJFT at the local gym, and failed miserably. Managed the first 2.4km no problem, but the second part, at 14.5kph, I only managed 4 or 500m on the slope at that speed!

I guess I've got a lot of training still to do

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Atleast you kn ow where your at with your fitness mate, keep the hard work coming and good luck pal

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I agree the 2% is killer. I did it without the 2% and finished the second 1.5 at 9:30 comfortably. When I put the 2% on, I'll be happy if I can get it under 10:30.

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I personally haven't found the 2% making much of a difference. I think it's because ona treadmill, the running style is slightly different. Just do all your treadill runs on an incline (3%) and fit more hills into your outdoor runs. You'll notice a difference rapidly.

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yea i found it abit shocking the difference it made to me. I can do the 3 mile on a tredmill easy when its not on a slope, i just did it 2nite on a 2% incline. I did the the first 2.4km on speed 12 in 12mins. I had to step off it for a minute i was told you have to just go on a low speed..
When i went on it again i knocked it up to speed 15. only could do it for 6minutes. I personally think im making progress but i think the best way to be perfect at it is to run at a 3% incline. So when you do it for real it will make life easy!