2 weeks continuous training

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by doddsy84, Jul 24, 2014.

1. doddsy84

doddsy84 Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Hi all,
    Just after a bit of info for my employer.
    I know it's jumping the gun a bit but once you have earned the green lid in rmr do you get to choose when you do your 2 weeks continuous training or is it certain times? We are mega busy in the summer months at work and not so busy in the winter months so would be ideal to do this when we are quiet as he didn't seem to keen if I had to go for 2 weeks in the summer!
    Cheers in advance

2. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

The criteria is 14 continuous training days. CT is any training made up of 72hrs. Therefore you can do 2 one week course or 5 x 3days or the full 2 weeks. You therefore can do it whenever you want and use it for whatever you want eg. Helping out on a phase 1 or phase 2 courses, SQ courses, supporting other units, etc, etc

3. doddsy84

doddsy84 Member

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    Excellent cheers for your expert advice @R4robo much appreciated

4. Milkybars

Milkybars New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hi, does the employer cover this 2 week period? (and 2 week training the the end of phase 1 a + b).

Or do you require to take "2 weeks" annual leave in order to take up the 2 weeks training required?

Thanks,

5. Churchy10

Churchy10 Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Depends on your employer mate, I believe those who have signed up to the Armed Forces Covenant are policy bound to provide paid leave for Reservists (Ninja to confirm)

Your employer may be inflexible and you may have to take annual leave or unpaid leave.

Speak to your manager / HR, they will be best suited to advise you.