2012 Olympics

tripper

Reaction score
I was interested to know whether anyone knows if the Marines will have a part to play in the security of the games. After the Kashgar attack, it is obvious the Chinese will have a tough job on there hands to keep the 2008 games tragedy free. I am presuming the same will apply to the 2012 London games...

Does anyone know how security will be dealt with in 2012?

I know it is a long way off, and probably not public knowledge, but worth an ask...

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I heard they were hiring the Power Rangers

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
A decent question and well....

I don't know for sure but you'd have to imagine that security operation of that size could not be conducted with out the help of the armed forces and as a major river runs through London, I'd say there would be a good chance of it.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I would think he government would limit the amount of military involvement in a security role as eyes of the world rarely like seeing the military enforcing law on civilians

tripper

Reaction score
I would think he government would limit the amount of military involvement in a security role as eyes of the world rarely like seeing the military enforcing law on civilians

yeh I was thinking this, but then as I think about the spread of terrorism, I thought the idea of a large military presence would help people feel more secure, like a show of power. just a thought...