2017 Application

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
Hi guys. Back after about 18 months working a dull office job. Looking at getting stuck back in.

Am running london marathon so fitness is looking good but thinking of getting past that before submitting my app and then smashing some speed training out to get geared up for PJFT / PRMC etc.

Question is how long is a smooth app taking at the moment. Really unhappy in current job. I gave the "civvy" route a good crack but I know im in the wrong place if that makes sense.

Hubb97

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Seems to be going pretty quickly for most people at the moment. As for mine, applied at start of November, got call about recruitment test about 4 days later and asked for a date 3 weeks later. Had an interview a week later (think the 28th of November), got told that there would likely be a long wait for a medical date. Had the triage phone call approx mid December and face to face medical on the 12th of January. Should have had a PJFT within 2 weeks but have a knee issue that won't seem to go away so had to defer that for now. Hope this gives you a rough idea! Should also add I took all my medical notes to my medical for a few issues I've had in the past and believe this sped things up considerably. Good luck!

Ashyy

Reaction score
A lot of its down to medical and your health (broken bones, asthma). However if that all goes smoothly and you pass everything first time shouldnt take too long at all. Pretty straight forward till Capita gets involved -banghead--yawn-. Good luck.

Rob20

Reaction score
Nice one guys. Have been through a number of medicals last time round and still have the paperwork.
Just want to allow enough time to get used to the dreadmill again once im done with the marathon training

Rob20

Reaction score
Morning guys. Possibly one for @Ninja_Stoker. Sent off my online app last week. Received an email back saying that "X" AFCO is my closest and will be in touch when in fact my closest and the one I attended last time round was "Y" AFCO. Is it possible in the early phases to make a point for this and get my app passed over to "Y" AFCO to handle?

The travel would be 10x tougher and more expensive if not.

Hublot28

Reaction score
Of course!! Just give your AFCO a buzz and explain, they should pop it over to the other AFCO without drama! And if it was done for any other reason, they will be able to let you know!