Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

2019 PRMC Results

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Chelonian, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

The detailed, anonymised results of PRMCs were previously posted on this forum. A change of Royal Navy policy at the end of 2018 has prevented us from publishing results since then. However, after a sustained correspondence with Navy Command it has released some of the data requested in a format which complies with its data disclosure policy.

The results we have to date are published below. They are screenshots of the documents which the Royal Navy has chosen to place in the public domain. The requested list is incomplete but hopefully the missing PRMCs will be added in future.

Although lacking detail they might be useful for depicting trends. Forum users with an interest in statistics are welcome to make suggestions about how the minimal data we have might be more clearly and informatively expressed.

The intention is to add results over time. It is likely that results will only be published after a delay of several weeks due to procedural constraints.

Reading the results tables:
    Figures have been rounded to the nearest 5 in line with disclosure control policy. Figures fewer than 5 are represented by ‘~’, 0 is represented by ‘-‘.

18_044.png

18_045.png

19_001.png

19_002.png

19_003.png

19_004.png

19_005.png

19_006.png

19_007.png

19_008.png

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  2. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

I feel like whoever wrote those prmc results doesn't understand GDPR. The numerical data is anonymised by the fact fact it is a number and not personal to the individual.

Call me cynical but I believe they're being released in this manner so that no comparisons can be made between male only prmc and mixed gender prmc.

• Nailed It Nailed It x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Concur, I'd be fascinated to learn how gender or identity can be derived by anonymous numerical data. Must be a lesson I missed in maths at school.

To be honest, the data could be better encrypted and more useful to potential joiners by not declaring the numbers attending PRMC, but making that figure 100% and the numbers failing each individual element a percentage of the 100.

In this manner, future RM aspirants could see at a glance which areas of PRMC fails were trending and ensure they train accordingly.

The figures are clearly released in a knee-jerk fit of pique and would probably get ripped apart by the Information Commissioner in relation to supposed "Data Protection" compliancy.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

After a couple of 'gentle reminders' the Royal Navy has released further PRMC results for the earlier PRMCs of 2019.

I've tidied up the thread, incorporated the new release and placed the results in date order starting from Post #1.
    I can only upload ten screenshot image files to each post so publishing in this format appears to be the best way of doing it.
    Other PRMC results will be published in the thread as they are released.

Reading the results tables:
    Figures have been rounded to the nearest 5 in line with disclosure control policy. Figures fewer than 5 are represented by ‘~’, 0 is represented by ‘-‘.

19_009.png

19_010.png

19_011.png

• Like Like x 1