Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

216 pass out

Discussion in 'Pass Out' started by benjamin1952, Jul 17, 2016.

1. benjamin1952

benjamin1952 Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    I have not contributed much on the forum but have followed with interest all the question,s that
    are submitted and then answered. Long may it last.
    I am pleased to say I watched with great pride and great achievement for my lad to pass out
    along with the others from Troop 216 on Friday.
    He and us has parents now belong to a special family club and
    we are so honoured to be part of it.
    The pass out and the Parade was something special to watch .I had tears in my eyes along with many others.
    Along with the others in his troop he had a long sometimes tearful induction into Marine life and what is expected of them 32 weeks of shear hell(no sorry 31 weeks 6 days)
    But there they are Royal Marines wearing that special green lid.
    To all those Nods be strong, be determined, work hard, Listen to all you are told and you TOO
    can achieve your goal.
    Proud Dad to RMC 216 troop

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Excellent news @benjamin1952, hearty congratulations to your son and of course your family - without the support of whom, many recruits take the easy option and quit.

Thank you for taking the time to post, it will hopefully help inspire those that follow on the long, long roller-coaster of Royal Marines Recruit Training.

Hopefully you'll stick around or at least pop online from time to time to help add that little nugget of info when possible for the benefit of other families, partners & recruits.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Jogger333

Jogger333 Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    If I may just add the advice and tips on this forum have proved invaluable. There have been man y nights when my lad has been in the phone wanting to hand in his chit and at his lowest ebb. He has been very lucky not to have had to stop at any point of training through injury but has come close to it once or twice. The sheer pride shown on the faces of 216 as they marched back through the gates of Lympstone on Friday as Royal Marine Commandos was a sight I will never forget. Each one of those men have been to hell and back in order to gain their CGB and every single one carried that secret within their hat on Friday beaming from ear to ear. I would just like to say to any recruit or any lad considering taking on this mammoth task GO FOR IT if you think you can do this and you want it enough it will happen! Many many thanks to each and every one of you who have helped us to make this journey and come out smiling

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1