21st June ROP

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Finally got an ROP date this morning. I was on TMU and Capita reviewed my medical paperwork yesterday so I suppose they were happy with it. Is my assumption correct @The guide please? Can't wait to be done with the VPJFT and F2F medical.

dolly

Reaction score
You've received a ROP date before completing the VPJFT AND F2F medical?

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Did you do anything differently to get the date before vpjft?
I am not sure what you mean. What can be done differently? When I had my interview I told my CA I am ready to do the VPJFT any time but I was told I need to pass the triage call first, which I think happened today. So I imagine my VPJFT is taking place in the next two weeks. I think it’s normal to have your ROP date before the F2F medical but please anyone with experience let me know if it’s strange? @Ninja_Stoker @Chelonian perhaps? Many thanks!

rmcanfau

Reaction score
@mace
Im going through the process now got my VPJFT in a week

I’m almost certain your careers advisor doesn't bid for a start date until after you compleate your VPJFT, and once the date has been given you can book a F2F.

it took about a month for my vpjft date to be allocated after I was out on the list for one.

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I just had a call from the AFCO about passing the triage call and emailing him confirming that I am ready for the VPJFT. He said I am looking to have an entry date around June/July. Then I told him I received a date this morning through the Navy Portal, which surprised him as well but confirmed that if I pass the VPJFT and F2F that's my date.

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
Normally you will get an ROP date after passing 1. Triage (which means you can do VPJFT) and passing the VPJT - which is then the trigger for a date for both F2F medical, entry date, and security clearance for the AFCO.

On occasion, people get moved (or slip through) for reasons not known apart from the powers that be - but the above is the "normal" route for applications

poprm

Reaction score
Got the same date as you pal, will see you there! Mind you didn’t get mine until passing VJPT, you got lucky !

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
Is there any whatsapp groups?

Please exercise caution with setting up groups that do not allow for anonymity, particularly WhatsApp.

There have been incidents in the recent past in which the Police have had cause to investigate individuals with nefarious motives accessing such groups. These individuals pray on the naivety of recruits and pose as recruits themselves. You need to switch on to this.

If you do not know someone be wary inviting them into a group. If you do- please ensure you keep personal information, information about dates, times, places and information about military personnel to a minimum.

Security needs to be at the forefront of your minds. There have also been occasions that members of training teams have accessed WhatsApp groups, harvested personal information and later demonstrated to recruits how easy it was to identify them.

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Please exercise caution with setting up groups that do not allow for anonymity, particularly WhatsApp.

There has been incidents in the recent past in which the Police have had cause to investigate individuals with nefarious motives accessing such groups. These individuals pray on the naivety of recruits and pose as recruits themselves.

If you do not know someone be wary inviting them into a group. If you do- please ensure you keep personal information, information about dates, times, places and information about military personnel to a minimum.

Security needs to be at the forefront of your minds. There have also been occasions that members of training teams have accessed WhatsApp groups, harvested personal information and later demonstrated to recruits how easy it was to identify them.
Wow thank you very much for that information! Definitely won’t be joining one I am not on any social media sites so I guess that’s a good start.

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
Wow thank you very much for that information! Definitely won’t be joining one I am not on any social media sites so I guess that’s a good start.

In my day job, we had cause to investigate such an incident back in 2019. Thankfully the person who infiltrated the WhatsApp group of young recruits (not RM on this occasion) was detected and identified. Nothing sinister occurred and the motivation was fraud, but it doesn’t take much to imagine how much worse it could have been. The group contained names, numbers, train times, who was meeting who and where.

The reality is we are in a constant battle against people who may not have a rifle to hand, but can find where you live within a few clicks. On a recent police course a similar example was made by a trainer. Within 5 minutes from identifying an individuals Facebook account he had architect floor plans of their house, their daughters school and car registration. Young people who grow up surgically attached to screens sometimes fail to appreciate the potential threat.

This isn’t to scaremonger but hopefully will trigger some caution.

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No, I totally understand that, that’s one of the reasons I don’t use social media. Thanks again for taking the time and bringing that to our attention!

Chelonian

Reaction score
Official MoD social media platforms sometimes fail in an epic manner.

In recent years the FB page of one regiment ran a feature on jungle training. Below the artistically lit image of a JNCO sat gazing moodily in the light of a campfire was a public comment: "Well done son. We're proud of you."

Within three clicks on dad's FB page the JNCO was identified visually (wearing a comedy onesie at Christmas) and by name, along with his wife and the school attended by their two youngsters.