21st Oct PRMC diary.

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ok guys, thought I should write one of these because they helped me alot before my PRMC and I think it's only right that I should do the same. Please bare in mind that I nearly did it a month ago so my memory isn't that fresh!

We arrived at Lympstone at around 3-4pm. We all got off the train in pretty high spirits as we'd had chance to converse with others during the train journey. The guard lets us in and we lined up facing the guard booth in a single file and waited for a member of the training staff to come and get us. When he came he took our names and we walked up to the accommodation. We were then split up into groups of about 16 to share rooms with. At this point the corporals tell you to make your bed and go and grab some kit from the cupboards in the main corridor. [TIP] GO AND GRAB YOUR KIT FIRST IF YOU CAN, THE CORRIDOR IS VERY NARROW AND YOU’LL STRUGGLE TO GET ANY DECENT KIT WITH 50 OTHER LADS AROUND! After sorting all of this out, we went down to scran (a lot of bootnecks and recruits are down there staring at you *text deleted*, but try not to be too intimidated as they’ve all been there!) Grab plenty of food and then get yourself back to the accommodation asap. I’m not 100% sure what went on then if I’m honest, it was either a lecture or it was the Maths and English tests – I didn’t have to attend this so can’t tell you much about it. There’s then another scran at 9pm which most of us went to and then it was personal admin and off to bed.

We woke up at about 5.30 (none of us got much sleep!), personal admin yet again (try and get a *text deleted**text deleted* out at this point as you won’t have much time before the 3 miler!) Off to morning scran where I had a full fry-up but my advice to people is DON’T – my stomach didn’t like it at all! Yet again, get back asap and get changed into drill gear (combats and boots) and we then lined up outside the rooms and got taken down to the parade ground. [TIP] DON’T LOOK TOO HEAVILY AT THE LIGHTS THERE, ME AND A LOT OF LADS FOUND THEY MADE US FEEL VERY DIZZY! This is where we were introduced to marching – obviously everyone made a lot of mistakes here so there was a lot of press-ups and sprinting involved! I’ve never fainted or even felt faint in my life but me and a couple of the other lad’s were very ready to drop so some sat down but I was determined to stay standing as for some reason I thought I’d fail if I sat down haha! Then it was back to the accommodation to get changed into our running gear and we were walked down to the 3 mile route. The warm-up was quite vigorous but nothing to extreme – running round in circles, a couple of sprints, stretches, etc etc. Starting off very slowly we started the 3 miles, the pace picks up a little bit but it’s really nothing to be worried about! At the end of the first 1.5 miles, we stopped for about a minute and then we were to start our best effort run back. [TIP] AT THE END OF THE FIRST 1.5 MILES, LITERALLY FIGHT YOUR WAY TO THE FRONT IF YOU HAVE TO, OTHERWISE YOU’LL LOSE VITAL SECONDS! I honestly don’t think the run was too hard providing you’ve trained accordingly. About 3 or 4 lads failed straight away on this and therefore one lad from Scotland decided he wanted to go home (what a prat). When we got back to the accommodation, we lined up in the corridor whilst the corporal was having a little chat with us, however, a lad nick-named by the corporals, northern gob-*text deleted**text deleted*e couldn’t keep his mouth shut so we had to go outside in the rain and do A LOT of press ups! We then got changed into smart civvies and got our self down to scran. [TIP] EAT LOTS AT THIS MEAL AND TAKE A BANANA OR CHOCOLATE BAR BACK TO THE ACCOMODATION WITH YOU FOR LATER. Back to accommodation, get changed into shorts, trainers and t-shirt and then it’s off down to the gym for gym test 1. [TIP] DO NOT SCRATCH IN THE GYM – YOU WILL REGRET IT! We started off with the bleep test which is nice and straight forward. I scored 12.6 on this but got beasted by one of the corporals because I apparently didn’t look worn out enough! Then onto the press up and sit up test – I scored 93 on press ups and 82 on sit ups which I pretty happy with! Then onto the pull up test where 99% of people were scoring full marks with 6 pull ups. We were then told to get changed into our swimming gear for the swimming assessment. This is really easy – jump off the diving board, swim one length and then the width and back down the other side of the pool. After this we went back to the accommodation and got changed into smart civvies for scran, have a few lectures and then had the chance to talk to the senior recruits (the diamonds). This is a really good chance to ask anything about training without the corporals being there. If you choose you can then go down to the 9pm scran before doing all your personal admin and getting yourself to bed.

ILL COMPLETE THE REST OF THIS DIARY LATER!

chrismc

Resigned
Reaction score
Thanks

that's really helped me alot thank you hope you get the other part on about gym test 2 etc and with the press ups etc i guess you easily came in the top 5 easily *text deleted* ;)

ollyreg

Reaction score
blanio brilliant post, 1 question about the bleep tests, * that, i can do bout 45 press ups, * 70 sit ups, * bout 11.0 on bleep test would that b a pass?