Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

22nd February!

Discussion in 'General Archives' started by SPage, Jan 9, 2011.

1. SPage

SPage New Member

Anyone on here doing this PRMC?

2. chandler

chandler New Member

yeah i am mate, looking foward too it :P

3. brashy93

brashy93 New Member

i am marra :bigsmile:

4. SPage

SPage New Member

Nice to see there are some other lads from here going down.

How are you two feeling fitness wise. I'm really starting to worry now that I'm not up to standard :unsure:

5. brashy93

brashy93 New Member

am feeling quit good a could do with a bit more training like haha

6. SPage

SPage New Member

I wish I was feeling confident.

I got an a-pass on a look at life course in November but my fitness has dropped over Christmas. Hopefully with about 5 more weeks to train I can get back to that standard though.

Then all I have to worry about is the endurance course.

What are your stats like *text deleted*? I'm getting:

60 press ups
    75 sit ups
    8 pull ups
    9.29 return 1.5
    5 miles in 35.02

7. LukeyB

LukeyB New Member

PRMC 22nd Feb

Alright everyone, just passed my interview and got a PRMC date for the 22nd Feb anyone else on the course?

8. potmarine11

potmarine11 New Member

I'm on this PRMC lads.
    Anyone here live liverpool way?
    just had another RMAD and stats are ok but very worried on the return run, as we got *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted** and had a megga warm up so the run was horrific.
    I'm getting worried to its getting close.
    Any good training ideas to improve 3 miler in our last 6 weeks :P???
    :bud:

9. SPage

SPage New Member

I'm nowhere near Liverpool mate. I'm in the south east.

I'm starting to throw a lot of high intensity cardio stuff such as hill sprints, the fintan circuit and the deck of cards workout into my training routine now. Anything like that and even normal sprints should see the seconds drop off. Hopefully training like this I should be back to the return time of 8.55 that I got in November.

That still doesn't stop me worrying about the endurance course though. I'm genuinely dreading that :sick:

10. potmarine11

potmarine11 New Member

my brother done PRMC last week and failed
    he got reli good stats and came near front of endurance.
    However he failed an i have seen people on here with stats not even close to his. :wondering:

So its really hard to judge on what will happen.
    He said the endurance corse is *text deleted** it is,
    its runnin around for hours soaked through without stopping,
    I do an 8 miler across the farms near me in pants an jacket and there alot of ponds/streams etc so i just get soaked an do it, so its no shock to system cause running with wet gear is hard *text deleted**.
    i think everyone is worried though *text deleted*.

11. SPage

SPage New Member

What did he fail on if you don't mind me asking? It seems strange that he failed after doing so well.

Running in trousers and a jacket when wet is a good idea. I'm going to have to do that more often.

12. potmarine11

potmarine11 New Member

fail

They just said that he did not gain enough points, Which i was shocked at to be honest.

I dont know how they work it, i think people think they know but I'm sure there is alot more than we can imagine.
    He also had a very strong group so i dont know if they can only pass a certain amount too.

It will always be a mystery... All i can say is go down and be a machine *text deleted**.

13. SPage

SPage New Member

Yes mate, I am. There's a post in the PRMC dates section with all the lads from here on this PRMC which you might want to check out.

Mod edit: Threads merged.

14. Steve.S

Steve.S Member

PRMC is points scored - fact.

Points are scored on the following:

- 1.5mile return
    - Gym tests
    - Assault course (although our troop sergeant on PRMC said it is difficult to score points here)

Bear in mind for all of the above there are minimums to achieve although I don't know what these are, sorry.

The endurance course is a pass or fail so even if you are at the front (I was), you aren't guaranteed a pass, unfortunately. Not sure how many points are awarded for what although I do know that 6 pull-ups is 6 (easy) points. In total you need 22 to pass and there are 30 available.

There is no cap on how many people pass, if you get the points you pass, if you don't, you don't - simples.

15. LukeyB

LukeyB New Member

alright guys! it's good to see everyone is excited. I'm 16 from the West Sussex area just wondering if anyone else might happen to be?

16. stride_577

stride_577 New Member

I'm on this one aswell, can't wait! :smile: Anyone from Bolton or Manchester?

17. chandler

chandler New Member

yeah am from manchester :) i guess you go to the afco in manchester?

18. andymorville

andymorville Member

Hey guys i'm on this one hopefully, just waiting on confirmation letter coming, i was supposed to be on the one this week but *text deleted** postponed it to make sure i'm 100% due to a illness 3 weeks ago which really set me back.
    I have also done a PRMC last October which i failed on the points system so i *text deleted**text deleted** make sure i smash it this time.

How are you guys feeling then?

19. LukeyB

LukeyB New Member

Can't wait mate! 5 weeks today.
    What were your stats last time you failed?

20. chandler

chandler New Member

yeah I'm excited as well, *text deleted** done it before as well also failed it, but making sure i smash it this time.