25 days.

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey up lads,

Its 25 day's till my PRMC and I'm absolutely bricking it. Went for my 4miler today and sprinted the last 200m had around 15 seconds break then bust out some press up's as if I've just done the bleep test. I only managed around 35-40 in the 2 mins which seems pretty low. Am I right in thinking Fartlek is the best way for me to go to improve on this?

I just hope 25 day's is enough to get them up a little, I'm running a 6min mile and can nail sit up's/pull up's its just the Press up's letting me down.

Cheers

Loz

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Alright mate, that sounds like a great position to be in

The running sounds sh1thot, as do the pull-ups, sit-ups and the press-ups don't sound bad either.

Someone on here passed recently with 27 press-ups but his running was good, and i've known a few people who have gone to PRMC with quite a bit lower scores and passed!

Looks like you should do well, and 25 days means you've still got three weeks to train. Thats plenty of time to brush up on things.

Good luck mate!

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I got 53 days till mine and I cant wait to be honest, get it over and done with. You can get a lot fitter in 25 days if you train correctly, good luck fella

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds fairly good to me.

That's what you want to be preparing for, doing press ups right after running.

S

Sotiris

A lot of people struggle with 35-40 on its own...if you can bang them out after a long run and sprint you'll be fine.

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just did a test of PRMC day 1 with BradfordBull's and we're both looking pretty good. We ran out in 12:30 then managed to get back in enough time. We took an hour out then went to test eachother with the bleep test, we started off running then waiting 5-10 seconds on level 1-6ish which is where we messed up but we both managed around level 10-11 and after we got 50 press up's, 80 sit up's all with good form. Feeling pretty confident now so just *text deleted* keep my diet up and nail some fartlek and hardcore CV.

Cheers

Loz

Gtlaau

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey mate

You have plenty of time to improve your push up scores.
Remember its all a state of mind. so if you beleive you can. you can.

Try this link

http://www.military.com/Opinions/0,Smith_082405,00.html
Follow this plan or you can search the forums for the evil russian push up program. this works tho. and so does pavel stuff

Good luck

Cheers Tom