29th july - 1st august

Ipodbob

Reaction score
http://www.prmc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5496

Im not including the lectures as no one really cares about them and i forgot them all anyway as i was half asleep in most of them. This is so everyone can understand almost exactly what phys you need to prepare for and help you pass.

Day 1

Arrived at Lympstone with bricks pilling up rapidly behind me at around 2:30 with about 25 lads, we stood outside in a line then walked off to accommodation. You firstly get ticked off a list which i wasn't even on, good start ey. Pick up your c95 trousers and jackets and some skanky boots, make your bed and do pretty much *text deleted**text deleted* all till the morning.

Day 2

Up at 5:45 running around like monkeys on acid to be ready for scran at 6:15. We done some drill with some sprints added just to make your stomach churn the milk from breakfast. :flushed: then we were off on our way to the 3 miler.

Be prepared for a hefty warm up with any phys sessions cause they wont hold back on those at all. You will be running around in a big circle loosening any joints then some stretches followed by some sprints, on the spot and quick mni circuits like 10 press ups -10 sit ups - 10 squat thrusts. Most people are blowing like *text deleted**text deleted* by now and we've yet to start running. You set off with it being down a slope, most of it is pretty flat and i was coping fairly well until the corporals starting shouting "hurry up you *text deleted**text deleted*s you'll never *text deleted**text deleted*ing pass at this speed" ect ect. So i *text deleted**text deleted* my self and pushed harder than i ever have resulting in the biggest stich in never never land, right at the 500m left sign. I wanted to stop so badly but i knew i couldn't and finally made it in at 20th place after sprinting past 4 at the last 50m.

More boring *text deleted**text deleted*..........scran, then gym test 1.

Got to the gym and as soon as your there its a completely different atmosphere inside that place. You have to move "As fast as humanly possible" in this place = sprint everywhere. It has savagely strick rules and if you dont follow these there are constant punishments for individuals and the group depending on what the issue was. An itch will cost you 10 - 20 press ups or knees to chest (standing up jumps). Bad posture usually results in the same. *text deleted**text deleted* double marking time (running on the spot knees to hip height) will end up in drawn out press ups or lots of sprints. Slow sprints will result in more sprints so really get some hill sprints or fartlek workouts on the go if your not. CV here is vitally important cause you will get picked out badly if ya CV isn't up to scratch.

Then the V02 bleep test, followed immediately by press ups, sit ups, chin ups. We were told to take our tops off when we did our press ups here so they can double check you have the technique right, so to ANYBODY who isn't doing the elbows in and chest to the floor properly DO IT NOW because they will knock off any which are slightly off, and there are lots of PTI's watching over your while you do these. Also your partner is looking the other way so if you dont touch his fist he cant count it as he cant feel it. I lost no press ups bit i did lose 9 sit ups or something for my finger tips leaving my temples by about 2 cm 4 times. Knees are a bit thing too keep them touching at all times or they wont count.

Some lectures, food and more boring stuff blah blah blah :shakehands:.
Be warned also take lots of underwear as you get changed about 10 times a day at this place.

Day 3 - The one i was dreading as well as everyone else from what i made out.

Up at 5:45 for the *text deleted**text deleted*, shower and shave routine then off for scran.

09:00 we set off for the death slide first which i was really looking forward too, we had quite a laugh down here as the pti's were acting like monkeys taking the piss out of everyone. The lads who had fancy hair would get forced to dunk their heads in the bucket of water for your piece of rope including me altho i had a number 1 hair cut *text deleted*. So a quick slide down then climb off easy peasy but others struggled so press ups were in order for them haha.

Next the assault course. This was a fairly fun exercise as you get to learn how to do the ropes properly to start with and do a high obstacle which includes a board jump at 15ft or something. Now you go threw all the obstacles 1 by one and do each one in turn, which is where i jumped under the net crawl and banged my knee on the floor cutting it to *text deleted**text deleted* and hurting for the rest of bottom field but its all good. So you run and jump over some water, up a 6ft wall, under the net, monkey bars, climb some dodgy ladder and run along some walls at angles with gaps in between them, up some scaffold poles and across a rope, jump over a bridge with 3 steps, another 5ft wall, up a hill, over some scaffold again, tunnels, up the cargo net jump down and finish. All in 3:33 and i was blowing like *text deleted**text deleted*.

This was the big one for me, the determination test. It started off ok as we were only doing sprints and mini circuits as i described before before the 3 miler, but we soon moved onto cheetah crawls and dragging you partner up a hill several times. I was digging deep and keeping near the front for now at least. So we ended up running threw the monkey bars pool and then the mega hill sprints started which i was really suffering badly on. The extra weight really makes a difference and my legs just started to give out they were running out of juice quickly. For the next 15 mins is was sprint here there and everywhere while in the middle of them mini circuits and cheetah crawls back after a sprint and i tell you cheetah crawls are FOOKing hard man. I was slow on these but keep going no matter what speed your on and you'll be ok. Finally we stopped and i notice 3 people had dropped out :thefinger: gutted for them.

*text deleted**text deleted* shower, drink, scran and more boring *text deleted**text deleted*. We had our interviews and our scores shown to use so i got delayed and only had 45 mins to digest spaghetti bolognese and a banana for gym test 2.

Gym test 2 was ok for me, i felt more relaxed and my energy was back in full force so i gave it my all. The five games are as follows. Ohh and the warm up was sprints and circuits, we also go beasted for slacking on speed so mini circuits and sprints were in order. :suspicious:

1 = weighted ammo boxes over a bar and under another always running in pairs.

2 = Jumped over a big box then climbs over 2 more, over a bar and a couple of roles.

3 = Moving heavy mats from one side to the other in a team effort, easy enough and its a good one to get your breath back.

4 = A big weight pad with 2 ropes for you to pull, once you pull it back to your self you add weights to it. Continue for about 12 pulls and your done, i liked this one as you could sit down haha.

5 = picking up 15kg bags and throwing them over a jump box several times and then running along 2 benches.

After all this it was time for sprints, this is where our side of the hall managed to somehow get absolutely beasted with lots more sprints than the other, but to be honest after the first 5 i felt like i was peaking on fitness and was soon at the front of the pack. A lot of people said this was the hardest bit but i found it ok to be honest. Then a nice jog around, some stretches and boom we had finished.

The rest was just lectures and some other boring stuff, we never got to see any weapons which was a bit of a bummer. The best advice for the PRMC is cardio cardio cardio, do as many hill sprints as you can and fartlek workouts because they will help to no end here. Try to do some workouts straight after a run or something similar as a lot of people never done that on my course and it showed. Technique is all important too better to do 5 perfect press ups than 25 which wouldnt count. One last thing try and get your 1.5 miler down to 9:30 to be confident you can do it on the day, you really need to be sub 10:00 to get threw unnoticed.

GL to anyone doing their PRMC soon, just dont give up.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Really good write up, cheers mate!

You firstly get ticked off a list which i wasn't even on, good start ey
ROFL, oh dear you must have *text deleted**text deleted* yourself then !

ryanClark

Reaction score
Dertermination test is the hardest thing i have ever done. It was so intense it makes you think that you that the royal marines isnt for you but its just to get the boys from the men. 3 of the guys drop out on this dertermination test. I dont know why its nothing to do with fitness levels its just how much you want it put one fit infront of the other and stride. The only advantage to being fit in this is that you can get through the pain quicker because when you take cover at the back of every one else its not nice having to do the distance on your belt buckle. I know because i was the last one but i caught up with every one. *text deleted* i remember going around the wall at the back and i couldnt see any one execpt the guys on the floor i quickly monkey ran up to the back of them and then went down into the prone position and crawled my way.

This whole course is alot of laughs and dont make any of this course make you feel different about joining because what the prmc is, is what the recruits are doing at Week 11.

The WO2 we had, told me i failed but he did say that the next time i do my prmc it will be alot more easier because the nerves will have gone. The PTI we had he was aswome when every one else was out getting there boots i was having a laugh and a chat with him. He was a nice bloke but you wouldnt want to be in the gym with him because he thrashed us like a pimp beats his biatch

PS my assault course time was 3.10 i missed to record by 12 seconds.

Gorillawizard

Reaction score
Holy *text deleted**text deleted* thats a great write up ipdbob. I'm going to be doing a hell of alot more cv fitness like hill sprints and fartlek and interval training. Basically determination is the key thing! Determination, Courage, Chearfullness, Unselfishness .... the first thing i say in the morning!

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yup great diary really enjoyed reading it, congratulations on passing. Good luck in RT.

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
So did you do press up's for the full 2 mins? I can do around 30-40 in proper form but really struggle at doing it for 2 mins. I can usually do it for around 1min 20 seconds after that i just flop.

ryanClark

Reaction score
you have 2 minutes to do as many asyou can but lets say if you get to 40 and cant do no more at 1 minute 10 seconds you stop and stand up. they are still counted you dont have to do the full 2 minutes but its advised you do

Ipodbob

Reaction score
Yeah they really frown upon it if you just flop out after a minute, even if you just hold the press up position and do 1 every 10 seconds it will score better for you determination will shine threw.

when you do press ups at home try just holding the position after you've done as many as you can do without you technique fading. Hold it for as long as possible or until you posture is sagging. This should help a lot with core strength as well.

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmmm, I can do that but I thought they start deducting points if I was to say stop and take a 5-6 second breather even if i was holding it in the press up position?

Ipodbob

Reaction score
Not for me they didnt, i probably only done 10 in the last minute with several breaks. Just do one every 5 seconds or so its quite possible even when your knackered to do that.

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Not for me they didnt, i probably only done 10 in the last minute with several breaks. Just do one every 5 seconds or so its quite possible even when your knackered to do that.
Just boosted my confidence, cheers buddy. Was worrying about the whole two min things, I'll just pump out 40 and do 10 in the last min.

Cheers

Loz

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey up lads,

Got a couple of questions hoping you could help me out with them...How much of a breather do you get after the bleep test?

What kind of pace is level 11, 12 & 13 on the bleep test in terms of 6/7/8 min miles?

And am I right in thinking you get a slight rest in between Press Up's, Sit Up's as your counting your team mate's scores?

Cheers

Loz

Ipodbob

Reaction score
i would say 12 is about between 6 and 5:30 minute miles. My pjft was 8:44 and i got 12.6 on the V02 so you should be fine. They have a scoring thing where if you miss the line twice you get a mark on the third your out, so if you miss if twice sprint the next one and you instantly get another 0.3 added to you score.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey up lads,

Got a couple of questions hoping you could help me out with them...How much of a breather do you get after the bleep test?

What kind of pace is level 11, 12 & 13 on the bleep test in terms of 6/7/8 min miles?

And am I right in thinking you get a slight rest in between Press Up's, Sit Up's as your counting your team mate's scores?

Cheers

Loz
It's a couple of minutes between exercises, you have to get the mats out etc after the bleep test so you get about 5 mins rest.

All I can say is by level 11 it's hard *text deleted*, If you have a place to do it, get a copy of the bleep test mp3 and have a blast at it.

GL.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
So you say hill sprints are something worth addding into the training yeah?, Im actually going to do some today!. I Used to do them up the castle banking near my house ahh man it was bloody hard!..

Im off to do some hill sprints folks!

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
sam You told me you got chased by some dogs today when u went out fo a seshion on sprints. I have tiny hill near me, but i guess i could double the times the run up em. :rally_drive:

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
sam You told me you got chased by some dogs today when u went out fo a seshion on sprints. I have tiny hill near me, but i guess i could double the times the run up em. :rally_drive:
Yes i left the back door open by accident and my dog came running into the field next door to my house were i was going to do my hill sprints, Meaning i had to put him back inside to carry on with the hill sprints!.. Yes dom you are right i did get chased by my dog :laugh: :laugh:

C

critchmufc

thats PRMC sound *text deleted**text deleted*ing hard boys, ive just passed my medical and someone told me we dont do a PJFT anymore, but still, *text deleted**text deleted* me that PRMC is ruthless!