29th June ROP

Figgers

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is anyone on this date? Passed vPJFT+ yesterday and my careers adviser has advised I am on this one.

Commando2912

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is anyone on this date? Passed vPJFT+ yesterday and my careers adviser has advised I am on this one.
I’ve got my VPJFT this Wednesday, I have been advised too if I pass I’ll be on that one too, I’ll get back to you

Commando2912

Reaction score
Hi mate,

Good luck with the vPJFT. Keep us updated.
Cheers bro, closest I have got is last set I got 25/30 sit-ups, hoping after a good few days rest I can grind those last reps. Ps how strict do you have to be on the plank, is any movement considered a fail?

Figgers

Reaction score
Cheers bro, closest I have got is last set I got 25/30 sit-ups, hoping after a good few days rest I can grind those last reps. Ps how strict do you have to be on the plank, is any movement considered a fail?

The instructor I did it with told me it’s a 3 strikes rule. So if you get picked up 3 times you will get told to stand up and it’s a fail

Commando2912

Reaction score
The instructor I did it with told me it’s a 3 strikes rule. So if you get picked up 3 times you will get told to stand up and it’s a fail
Ahh it’s just those last planks I’m shaking like a *text deleted* dog and I’ve recorded myself doing the circuit and my backside sometimes goes up so. Only 15 mins of work at the end of the day Cheers

seriz89

Reaction score
Passed mine yesterday however not been told of any dates yet, hoping to get on this intake though, but yeah it’s a 3 strike rule, just dig in and whatever you do, don’t break form and you should be good. I really struggled on my last set of sit-ups but I think it was more down to nerves and using more energy than what I’ve been used to in order to keep a really rigid form.

Commando2912

Reaction score
Passed mine yesterday however not been told of any dates yet, hoping to get on this intake though, but yeah it’s a 3 strike rule, just dig in and whatever you do, don’t break form and you should be good. I really struggled on my last set of sit-ups but I think it was more down to nerves and using more energy than what I’ve been used to in order to keep a really rigid form.
Cheers mate, how many days rest did you take prior to the test, as I said mines is this Wednesday (5 days from now) I’m planning to do another mock one either tomorrow or Sunday. Just foam rolling and stretching to make sure Muscles are as fresh as possible

seriz89

Reaction score
I took two days off, did a fair bit of stretching the day before and I warmed up really well at least half an hour before the test. You’ll still be required to follow the vPJFT+ warm up prior to the test but I wanted to be extra safe. Good luck with yours mate, smash it!

Commando2912

Reaction score
I took two days off, did a fair bit of stretching the day before and I warmed up really well at least half an hour before the test. You’ll still be required to follow the vPJFT+ warm up prior to the test but I wanted to be extra safe. Good luck with yours mate, smash it!
Cheers mate Yeah I was planning on doing my own warm up about 20 mins before it I’ve done the warm up video and I feel just doing that alone is not enough. Cheers though mate and I’ll get back to you soon after I’ve undertaken it !

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score

What warm up are you required to do?

Private_Ryan

Reaction score
I would be prepared to do 4 sets , so watch out on those sit ups mate, even if you've got nothing in you, when they ask you to do another set, dig deep and say yes.

Royal2010

Commando Training Wing & Drill Instructor
Reaction score

Only being able to do 25-30 sit-ups is particularly poor. I would advise you travel to CTCRM, only when you can do more.

Commando2912

Reaction score
Only being able to do 25-30 sit-ups is particularly poor. I would advise you travel to CTCRM, only when you can do more.
I can do around 60 to the bleep, its on the last set of 30 by that point I’ve done two sets of 30 plus the other exercises so getting 25/30 I have done 85 in total

Biggles

Reaction score
Lads do they make you do the warm up on the video call or do you do it yourself in your own time before you actually go 'live'? Cheers