29th October RMAD

CGEdith

Reaction score
I’m there! Bricking it though to be honest. I can get max on push ups and sit ups, aswell as 3 on the pull ups. My running however IS an issue. My fitness is great so I can cover the distance but my speed is awful! Hoping for so pointers to improve and not just a 'extra phys' I’m female by the way.

TheFancy

Reaction score
Similar to me really, can get good RMFA scores, but my running could definitely be faster. I suppose that’s what the RMADs for though, *text deleted* be useful to get an insight into what to improve on! (Even if that comes with extra phys *text deleted*)

CGEdith

Reaction score
When I’m running 5 miles I get a 10mm but because I’ve only been running a few weeks I haven’t tested my bft yet. I’m not worried about any strength stuff cause I do circuits 4 days a week with another 2 days bodybuilding style and have down for like 2 years What’s your mile time?

TheFancy

Reaction score
Sounds good, have you ever tried interval sprint sessions? they’re good for improving speed tolerance and just in general to be honest. I usually run my long runs at an 8:30 to 9 min mile and my short runs (around 3 miles) at a 7 to 8 min mile

CGEdith

Reaction score
I do 3 runs a week, 1 treadmill interval, 1 Fartlek and 1 five miler but I’ll add some straight up sprint sessions and see how it affects my speed! We might be in the same boat when it comes to the running then on the day

TheFancy

Reaction score
Definitely try Arny’s plan, I’m using it at the moment and it gets results, a lot of people have good things to say about it. Yeah we might be, I’m hoping I get a good time on the day when we do the 3 miler, would be a nice little confidence boost! also hoping they add a little determination test at the end maybe, a mate of mine got that on his RMAD so fingers crossed.

CGEdith

Reaction score
I’ll look into that! Definitely would help, I think running is one of those things that improves slowly and is therefore difficult to keep motivated with. I’ve seen a lot of RMAD diaries and almost all of them have had it I think it would be a good glimpse especially since I’m going for POC not PRMC!

TheFancy

Reaction score
Exactly, just have to keep smashing the runs and eventually you’ll break through that wall! oh yeah, respect going for officer, heard POC is a lot harder. Have you done PJFT yet?

CGEdith

Reaction score
No my GP is still taking the piss with my medical questionnaire! Haven’t even been to an in person medical visit yet so I’m technically TMU but I’ve been for an interview and stuff so they know there’s nothing that will bar me from entry which is why I’m able to do this RMAD. I heard that too but only the obstacle and endurance courses, the gym tests and run times are the same. Have you done your PJFT?

TheFancy

Reaction score
Ah that’s annoying, I know how you feel, my medical took way too long haha, can be a bit demoralising to say the least. Yeah, think they want to see some leadership qualities as well, given that it’s for officer. No, I haven’t done my PJFT yet, got it in about a month, currently just working on getting the time down as much as possible.

CGEdith

Reaction score
A month is a good length of time to improve your time cause your pace is already decent! How long did yours take? Mines currently in the 4th week now...

TheFancy

Reaction score
Cheers! mine took 11 months haha. Safe to say I was relieved when I passed the face to face medical.

Caversham

Former RM Commando, Moderator
Reaction score
When I’m running 5 miles I get a 10mm but because I’ve only been running a few weeks I haven’t tested my bft yet.

You need to running at under 7mm pace by the time that you attempt POC/PRMC. 10mm is the pace you will be doing during YO/RT and at the latter stages, with around 32lbs on your back.

Concentrate on getting the miles in. Start including hill sprints and Fartlek into your programme and don't forget that before you go anywhere you have to pass the PJFT, so don't underestimate that and make sure that you can pass the time allowed comfortably.

Once you have passed PJFT start looking at one of the fitness plans on here, such as @arny01's Use the search function to find it and follow that. It's proven and it's free.

Good luck

Alan

CGEdith

Reaction score
You need to running at under 7mm pace by the time that you attempt POC/PRMC. 10mm is the pace you will be doing during YO/RT and at the latter stages, with around 32lbs on your back.

Concentrate on getting the miles in. Start including hill sprints and Fartlek into your programme and don't forget that before you go anywhere you have to pass the PJFT, so don't underestimate that and make sure that you can pass the time allowed comfortably.

Once you have passed PJFT start looking at one of the fitness plans on here, such as @arny01's Use the search function to find it and follow that. It's proven and it's free.

Good luck

Alan

I’ve literally just found arnys plan and after the RMAD will definitely be incorporating more running into my program as my speed definitely needs an increase! I already do Fartleks but I’ve only been running about three weeks...
Thank you for the advice Alan!