2nd attempt at AIB

tetrusboy

Reaction score
Hello to everyone involved in the upkeep of this site and congratulations on creating such an informative piece of webspace.

I have a couple of queries for you related to the Officer selection process. Firstly, as you can guess from the subject heading i have attempted and failed an AIB previously. My first question being related to how i should go about setting a new AIB date? I failed in May 07 and was given a 12 month come back. Will i have to participate in the glorious POC again? Who should i contact? The AIB directly or my Liaison Officer?

Secondly, any advice on a decent magazine to read to help improve my current affairs knowledge? I subscribe to G&L aleady.

Appreciate the efforts lads

Daniel

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the site mate, probably best person to ask is Ninja Stoker who will be here shortly. He knows more than anyone about the joining process.

But in the meantime, all the best

GW

matthewwookie

Reaction score
I did officer selection for the army and I found reading the BBC news website everyday was really useful. Or newspapers like the Times (any broad sheet). Also, watch programs like Newsnight/Question time etc. They are dull to watch and I will put money on you feeling like your dad. BUT, they cover the topics most likely to be discussed.

I'd also make sure you know who the main players are in the government...not just the Labour party, but the Conservatives as well. You never know what you'll get asked.

Hope it helps.

Matt

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hi & Welcome to PRMC.Co.

Your best bet is to get in touch with your Liason Officer.

POC, like PRMC is only valid for a limited period, so I suspect you'll need to do both. Contact your OCLO to double check & get your POC in early in order to be eligible to re-sit AIB in May.

A excellent website for current affairs is:

Foreign & Commonwealth Office and it's free.

The very best of luck to you.

tetrusboy

Reaction score
thanks for the info lads. impressed with the speedy responses too. thanks for confirming my worst nightmare regarding another POC *text deleted*. looking forward to it already.

i'll keep you informed with the process as it may help others.

Cheers

Dan

tetrusboy

Reaction score
a quick update

Hi lads

Went to the AFCO yesterday (19/11/07) to get the ball rolling for another crack at AIB. The "good" news is that i have to attempt another POC despite passing one previously, the bad news is that there are new elements to the selection process.

Unlike previously, all those that wish to be a RM be it recruit or officer have to sit a test at the office. Last year i wasn't required to sit a psychometric test because i showed the liaison officer my degree certificate, this has changed, all potential officers will sit a psychometric test.

People who wish to pass all the officer selection tests need to get the ball rolling asap. The psychometric test is taken before the application form is to be completed. The application forms need to be processed before the end of the year in order to book a place on a POC in the new year. The liaison officer i spoke with couldn't exaggerate enough how pressed for time my application will be even though it is mid november. So, people really need to be at the AFCO before the end of the week.

So for the first time since school i need to brush up on my maths and english so i can square the pyschometric test away and get the first tick in the many boxes that need to be completed.

Hope this helps.

Dan