2nd step

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Right guys got my interview tomorrow 8:45, the process seems to be going pretty fast, from 2 weeks of handing in my application I'm already at the interview stage. Apparently I can fail this stage so any last minute tips and knowledge would be very handy for me at the moment.
Cheers

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Just try your hardest mate!.. An be confident!..

All the best buddy - Good Luck!.
Sam

RH

Reaction score
Be completely honest or your AFCO will catch you out

andy5sm

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
dont be a *text deleted**text deleted* all u need to do is be yourself, dont be big headed be confident, dont be optimistic be enthusiastic, make them see that its what you want, just be normal you want them to pass u and forget you, but be confident dont shy away and good luck. you will pass if you dont then its because they didnt want u to pass and they will tell you why, one last thing, dress smartly do up *text deleted* top button tuck your shirt in and SHAVE!(good luck mate ul be fine)

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks alot man, thats calmed my nerves

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Look the interviewer in the eye, and polish your shoes

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I PASSED ! WOHOO, was a bit nervous at first, some of the questions I got were a bit random but passed anyway yay

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I PASSED ! WOHOO, was a bit nervous at first, some of the questions I got were a bit random but passed anyway yay
Good work buddy!.. Well done!.. This is the only the start of it all remember!, But very well done bet your chuffed!.. :applaus:

Good luck with the rest of things to come.
Sam

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
congrats MAX you beast! mine in 5 days *scared* did you get any unexpected questions mate?

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
They ask you about your parents and your background, one funny question I got was 'hows the drug scene in your area?' *text deleted* I was *text deleted* give a funny reply but then my good side kicked in and I said I don't have a clue, then they move on to your education and talk about truancy...bla...bla...bla, then it goes to previous jobs you have and you have to explain every single job you had and whether or not you got along with the managers etc.. then they talk about your hobbies and what you do in your spare time, top tip# don't mention masturbation, I don't think that counts as a hobby.
And finally They ask you stuff about the corps, very basic stuff like whats on the cap badge: remember this because they will ask you that question:

RM cap badge

The lion and crown added in 1802 when KING GEORGE III made the marines a royal regiment

Battle honour 'Gibraltar' added by KING GEORGE *text deleted* because in 1704, 1900 british and 400 dutch Marines successfully captured and defended the island for 9 months.

The Great Globe added in 1827 to replace the marines 109 battle honours

Laurels added in 1761, granted for gallantry shown during the capture of belle island

Fouled anchor added in 1747 because the RMs are part of the navel service

“Per Mare Per Terram” By Sea By Land .RMs motto

The other questions I got was 'what ships will I be serving aboard ?
What rifle does the royal marines currently use?
Whats the 4 commando tests?
Whats the minimum pay for a marine who just pass out?
How many holidays do you get in a year?
Once you joined your unit whats the minimum time you have to serve?
When you start recruit training and you decided it isn't for you till what week are you able to leave?
erm.......oh yea What specialization are you interested in?

And thats about it, andy5sm your right mate 'you will pass, if you don't then its because they don't want you to pass?' Just be comfortable and be chatty and the time will fly-by.