3 mile run on prmc

rick1988

Reaction score
hiya guys, just looking into the future abit, i got my pjft on the 30th of sep but wondering on the 3 miler at prmc do you have to run the first 1.5 miles in 12.30 or can you run it in say 11.00 then not stop and do the best effort so you get a quicker time. *text deleted* tryed to make it clear what im trying to say but starting to confuse myself now *text deleted* any help would be good thanks guys

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No i dont think so, as far as im aware you run the first 1.5 miles as a pack then the next lot is best effort on your own.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Mr dodo is correct.

My problem is slowing down enough to get used to 12.5 minute part.. its hard :\

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yea the pti's run with you as a pack so you all do the first 1.5 miles in pretty much exactly 12.30, then they turn you round and its best effort.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
anybody know how long roughly the warm-up would be????

I know the warm-up is exercise in itself, but how much????

:women:

am19

Reaction score
pendo did u not go out as a troop for first 1.5miles then??
on my prmc we did the first 1.5 miles out as a troop in 12.30 and then best effort bak. Which as far as i know is the way it is done on every prmc!

am19

Reaction score
Oh i see that it may have been for rmr's..is this different??

TheYeti

Reaction score
I'm guessing the RMR PRMCs differ from unit to unit.

Ours was a balls out 3 miler best effort under 21 mins - whilst already fooked from the warm up of doom.

In answer to the original question - you just do what your told on the day. There's no time to second guess or form a plan, and besides that, you'll be in too much pain to stick to any plan!