3 miler during prmc

hanky

Reaction score
was wondering what the course is like in terms of gradient/incline and i assume it is run on grass/mud rather than road?
was also wondering the extent of the warm up prior to this.
feedback appreciated

Dan-boxer

Reaction score
i went on my prmc on the 14th oct. I guess it depends on the instructor. For the warm up we did sprints in a car park so it ws on concrete. They do tire you out so don't try and go all out on them. we had to do the sprints about 5 times and each one was to a fence which was about 30-40m away i think. so you end up doing about 60-80m 5 times.
Then the actually 3 miler run course is basically flat, first 1.5mile it starts on a road and change to a dirt path and some uneven grassy patches. there is a slight up hill one of the ways but nothing that will make much different. I didn't notice it to be honest. then you do it back so it will be slight down again which you shouldn't notice. Remember to up your speed when you see the 500m to go sign.

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It's pretty flat to be honest, the start is a little uphill but nothing to worry about. On the way back it's most downhill if anything.

The warm up isn't too bad if you've trained accordingly :)

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
the warm up might take the breath out of u but the first 1.5 mile isnt too bad so ull be fine if uve trained

Abdab

Reaction score
ahhh nice one. sprints sound fun *text deleted* for now anyways...

bought some trainers today for running in, well some better than my previous. There dead good and water proof :)

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The part where you said about the warmup, i only stretch i dont sprint anywhere and back before a run. I dont think i would be ready for it because i might be out of breath before i even start the run.
Is this how it is every time you warm up at PRMC?

ninjamej

Reaction score
ITs on the road bit of a werid route u go up roudn a round about then down to a pub then you stop for two minutes maximum then best effort same route back on the way back theres a SLIGHT very SLIGHT gradient went your on your way back when you see that 500m sign that to the entrance of the brracks so its obnly really 400m so basically leg it that last 400m mate the warm up nothing to worry bout