3 miler on PRMC

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hi chaps...does anyone know the exact route of the 3miler on the PRMC?

i think it would be interesting to find it on google earth or something!

ive found lympstone commando and the train station but cant find the likely route :dontaskme:

cheers!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The route varies but the last one I witnessed: It's on the other side of the road from the Base (over the foobridge)and the warm-up is in the sports field pavilion car-park.

The squad run then starts on the lane outside all the way up to a "T" junction which you then do a U-turn and back down the lane to a "Y" junction on the left, down the tarmac-ed lane to a circular turning area where it meets a farm track (the 1.5 mile point). The squad reform then it's a free-run back, right at the "Y" junction up to the "T" junction, U turn and back to the start/finish line adjacent to the car-park.

Think that's it, but I'm an old man, my mind is weak.... and I'm used to giving direction by names of pubs and there isn't any on the route.

Laces

Reaction score
how did you find the base on google earth?
All I could find was the firing ranges when I typed in CTC....

Edit:found it :)

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
try lympstone or search 4 exeter an look near the river

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
thanks ninja...

good account of the run!

but i cant find that turning point that meets the farm lane...ive found something that looks like it..but no farm lane..and its not 1.5 miles!

you can tell i have too much time on my hands :bud:

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Pace Your Self

I recall the time I did the 3 miler on my PRMC, although it as called PRC back then.

We ran the first half together and it was an individual effort on the way back. However, I also remember that most people started the run back by sprinting and most of them ran out of steam well before the end. So remember to build up your pace and keep it going so that you have a fair amount left in the tank for your home burst.

Cheers

Steve

RH

Reaction score
how did u get on *text deleted*?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You have it spot on there although the this unlike google earth dosent state the name "heartbrake lane"

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
its says only 2.97 miles on my computer this right?

MeridiaNx

Reaction score
It may turn out to be a slight advantage *cough*, but fortunately I live near Exeter for starters, work near Exmouth, and work with a guy who spent ten years in the RM and is *text deleted* do a few runs with me over Woodbury Common pointing out various routes/spots for exercise etc. etc.

Obv. not *text deleted* be able to 'access all areas' as it were, but still I reckon some training on the appropriate ground may be helpful. A lucky break I guess!

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeah thats a good advantage for you!..

wish i was that close : )