3 Miler!!

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
My first 3 miler

hey everyone i just did my first 3 mile run i did it in 28:05 that may seem bad but this is my first proper 3 mile run, the first 1.5 miles i was getting into the swing and my legs were going fine i had no ankle problems because i did a good 3 min warm up and long stretchs. so half way was good until i got to the 2 mile point where is tarted to sruggle because there is this long road that increases in height as you go up.(i do a route which is 1.5 miol;e then i repeat it so this is 2nd hill run on 3 miler) my legs were starting to weaken and my mentalness was making me feel like crap but i just dug in and kept thinking that the next day i wished i finished it and never gave up, but for my fitness levels finishing that 3 mile run i felt felt mentally great and achieved somthing that i thought was the hardest thing ive done in my life and its true its not all physical but its the mental thats get you through.

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
May be OTT but i feel i achieved alot

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well done!:applaus:

Just keep on giving it 100% and remain consistent, that's all that matters and then watch the time decrease. :smile:

Ipodbob

Reaction score
good effort now just keep on keeping on :bud: i was just the same running 3 milers in 25+ mins when i started and always stopped to catch my breath.

Now im hitting 20 mins for 3 miles and i done 5 miler none stop in 36 mins the other day ups hills and offroad.

apollo

Reaction score
Well done you've taken the first step. All you have to do now is to stay focused and every run push yourself that little bit harder to drop your time and before you know it you'll be running your 3miles in <21

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted*, thanks for the advice and support guys, I dont know what i woudl do without this site, thanks everyone.

MT6690

Reaction score
shibby...or whateer your fcking name is....you chat out your arse *text deleted*....."what car have you got"---lmfao..

MT

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
HAHA! "what car have you got" *text deleted*

well done mack, keep it up. :applaus:

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeah keep it up mack. You'l soon smash your time no problem

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ye im *text deleted* do grid running for the rest of the week, my afco corporal said it is good for taking the time off which i certainly need *text deleted*.

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
bit like fartlek.
A I---------------------I B
150m
Sprint from A to B then jog back to A for 1 min. 3 Sets of 3 sprints. 2 min rest in betwen set

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
sorry mack15 can you clarify, one set = [A-B (sprint), B-A (jog) and you repeat this for one min, then rest for 2 mins] repeat this 3 times? cheers

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
sorry mack15 can you clarify, one set = [A-B (sprint), B-A (jog) and you repeat this for one min, then rest for 2 mins] repeat this 3 times? cheers
Right you jog 150m which my afco set for me. You sprint from A to B Then you just jog about for 1 minute then sprint the 150m again then jog for 1 min then sprint again then take a 2 minute rest because you have just done 1 set.
after every set of 3 sprints you take a 2 minute rest. Any better?