3 Miler!!

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
From the 1st Sept the PJFT is going to be 3 miles :amazed:

1.5 miles then a rest, then the final 1.5 miles in a total of 23 minutes. I have been preparing for the 1.5 miler for about two months now, how is everyone adapting to the new test length? What is everyones routines? In my interview, the officer said that running 3-5 miles a day isn't enough, i might have to step it up a gear, but i'm just wondering what everyone else thinks about this.

Cheers lads,

Luke

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Theres a whole sticky thread on this haha
Personally I think its good, no point wasting time on PRMC for the people running it eh? If you cant pass pjft now, you know you woulda defo failed prmc.

M

MTW

From the 1st Sept the PJFT is going to be 3 miles :amazed:

1.5 miles then a rest, then the final 1.5 miles in a total of 23 minutes. I have been preparing for the 1.5 miler for about two months now, how is everyone adapting to the new test length? What is everyones routines? In my interview, the officer said that running 3-5 miles a day isn't enough, i might have to step it up a gear, but i'm just wondering what everyone else thinks about this.

Cheers lads,

Luke
i doubt he meant every day isnt enough because thats dangerous, plus sometimes they do say stuff that isnt actually right some of the time, keep to the fitness guide on the marines site, 3 milers 4 milers and the odd 6 mile is enough dude.....and why are you worried about pjft, if anything its an advantage, i was *text deleted**text deleted*ting myself at the 3 mile run at prmc, but you will *text deleted* you can do it.

JOEY

Reaction score
JUST GOT BK FROM THE GYM. And guess what i tried the new pjft rules. I did the first 1.5miles abit quick (11.35m) then had a minute break. Then started the next 1.5miles. both on a 2 degree incline. The first 1.5miles i did at speed 9.3mph. The second i did at a speed of 13.7mph with a 15.5mph finish for the last half mile. Finished my second 1.5miles in a 8.27min. *text deleted**text deleted*ing chuffed as i had never timed it up untill then, just used to run as fast as i felt comfortable with.

After the last 1.5miler tho i was *text deleted**text deleted*ed!!

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've never seen the neccesity to actually train specifically for the PJFT. Just do 3 milers and get them down sub 21(-19 min ideal) atleast and you'll have any OK 3 miler and a passable 1.5 miler.