3 miles

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i did my first 3 miler well a bit longer than 3.3 miles an i did it in 25.08mins is this a good time considering it's my first time or is it quite a bad *text deleted* i was pretty chuffed with it specially as i pushed my self quite hard for the last 5mins of the run.

Matty

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Good for a first attempt, I've got my 3.4 miler down to 20.56 over the past couple of months.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
As long as you can get it to PRMC standard then your sorted. Comes with practise, aside from the obvious lung strength and breathing pattern learning, you will also learn the pace.

Long as you can do :

12:30 squad run out (nice plod along)
10:30 Best effort back (but your aiming for at least around 9 mins, 9:30 tops.

Then you will be smashing through it, you should also practise that sort of run sometimes as well as just doing as fast as possible 3 milers!

S

Sotiris

Thanks Skippy. Also, does anyone have any idea why a PJFT isn't part of the PYO's application process?

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I did my 3 mile run in 28 mins but i had to walk about 100 to get my breathing pace right, and had to go for a wee so that halted my time.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I try go for the two business' before I run ahah, just in case!

I wouldnt stress about the run time, it all comes with practise - soon as you pace and breath right your body will just get used to the run and you'll be able to get faster and faster.
I did my first timed 3miler at 20 minutes and a bit, but i spent most of my teen years running (aside from last 2 years on my ass playing world of warcraft and hating uni..)

djcid

Reaction score
yeh on track for 1st effort, am doing 3.2 maybe .3 miles in sub 21min now. has taken a while and is not by any means easy *text deleted*. maintain good hydration and keep trying.

Gidion

Reaction score
I tried this the other day:-

I drove to the gym and as it was a sunny day, did my run from the gym. Went about 4 mins at a decent pace, and when i got back to the gym, immediatly jumped on treadmill and did a 1.5mile run in dead on 10mins. It was really hard work and a good mental test for me to keep pushing myself at the end when i was flapping. Give it a go

Taylor

Reaction score
Did my first 3 miler today on the road.

Been done on treadmills before hand so.

Got 20.32 which i dont think is bad, *text deleted* knock it below 20 minutes before prmc i think tho =]

Always run on an empty stomach, helps alot.

Now to concentrate on pressups n situps.

It goes to show what happens when you get your head down and train properly, i couldnt run 2 miles, and couldnt do 1 pull up a few months back, now im at a good basic prmc level =]