3 weeks to go...heres where im at.

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
3 weeks to go till PRMC (6th May one!) so had a litlle test today to see how far off I am from the fitness required for the PRMC,scores are as follows

3 miles (as in PRMC style)..

1.5 mile-12.30mins
Then..
1.5 mile-10.19mins

Press Ups - 78
Sit Ups - 80
Pull Ups - 10

Yes... i do need to improve my running times (pretty poor to be honest),however im quite happy with my upperbody scores (what Ive always been better at-I failed my PJFT the first time).As long as I mantain those and work on my run over the next 2 weeks then I think I have a chance of succeeding the PRMC also knowing that not many people get near their PB's at the PRMC on upperbody phase then I cant be far off geting top marks on that part.

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Did you do the circuit stuff after your run or was it separate?

Nod 88

Reaction score
knocking out scores like that is a good effort, but did you let yourself havea breather or did you just drop straight in to press ups?

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
A lot of people claim to be able to do tons of sit-ups and i can do a good amount too. But, i tried testing myself the other day using strict Marine technique (elbows on TOP of knees and all the way down) and it lowered my normal sit-up maximum significantly.

Same with press-ups. I see some guys claiming to do 80+. Do you guys use strict Marine technique on the exercises?

Warby

Reaction score
Thought the same thing myself with people on here saying they can do 80+ press-ups in 2 mins in strict form, me and most people at the gym, plus 2 ex marines find it quite hard to believe that people are doing that amount pre PRMC, it means doin 1 press every 1.5 seconds without pause!. Ive been doing 7 sets of 70 marine push ups a day plus gym 3 times a week for over half a year and still struggle to hit 60 in 2 minutes, Ive got PRMC on the 20th May and am starting to get abit worried and people sayin there doing that is quite demoralisin.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thought the same thing myself with people on here saying they can do 80+ press-ups in 2 mins in strict form, me and most people at the gym, plus 2 ex marines find it quite hard to believe that people are doing that amount pre PRMC, it means doin 1 press every 1.5 seconds without pause!. Ive been doing 7 sets of 70 marine push ups a day plus gym 3 times a week for over half a year and still struggle to hit 60 in 2 minutes, Ive got PRMC on the 20th May and am starting to get abit worried and people sayin there doing that is quite demoralisin.

Wellif you can do 7 sets of 70, I dont understand why you can only do 60 in 2 minutes. As to do 70 and then do another six sets, your muscles must still not be that tired. Just do your pressups up faster and Im sure you could do 80/90 in two minutes.

Bish

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i do the sit ups in the strict marine style an im managing 80 in 2 minutes but having said that im not one of these people doing 80+ press ups haha im managaing more aronund the 50s mark but i wouldnt worry what other people are doing just that you do your best on your PRMC cant ask for anymore really.

Mat

Reaction score
My personal best is 60 press ups but that was conducted while I was fresh, on the mornings I do my circuit 5 mins after running for 20 mins I find a score of 45-50 is about it for me currently but im trying to work up to it if possible. Honestly im not too worried about being able to bang out 80 or 100 press ups in the two mins given since I know it will be a lot harder with everything going on around you so im just trying to get myself into a position where I have the stamina to get a good total after being already knackered as I just want to show on the PRMC that I am trying, I want to be there and I wont lack effort or give up. I find the situps done correctly quite easy really but then ive been doing sit ups every morning for years so I guess it just stuck with me.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Same with press-ups. I see some guys claiming to do 80+. Do you guys use strict Marine technique on the exercises?

One thing I have going for me is my dad.. He's top notch with anything fitness related as he's ex-forces and used to body build, he's gone off body building and now into triathlons but still extrememly strict.

Whenever I do fitness he'll look over me with an eagle eye, he'll shout 'HEAD UP' when I start to look down, he'll shout 'LOCK ARMS' when I don't fully extend and he'll shout 'ONE INCH' if I don't go close enough to the floor.. He'll also shout 'BREATH YOU BASTARD' if I hold my breath when I shouldn't.

I find it easy to do push ups Marine syle as my kayaking has built my upper-body over the last 7 years. I aim for 20 push ups every 30 seconds when I do training which brings me in at 80 for 2 minutes, naturally. I struggle with my sit ups more than anything, I average around 80 in 2 minutes but I stand up and know I've just done 80 in 2 mins *text deleted*.

eagleeye

Reaction score
Pull ups are a massive thing in training fellas
Bust out 10 a day at home and your press ups will imrove your upper body strengh will really improve.
Its something about muscle memory but just do as many as ya can.

Josh

Reaction score
get in a gym and use the lat down and your upper body will increase no end.

New Threads