3 years to get fit. Need help Though

Aussie89

Reaction score
im currently pretty unfit. I can still run a bit. Maybe 6 or 7 on the bleep test with maybe 5 press ups and 20 sit ups. I have three years until my course finishes so it wont be until then that i attempt PRMC. I know its a long way away but i really want this and if i deidcate myself to it for 3 years i think i can do it. Any help in ways to improve my fitness is greatly appreciated

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hi Aussie89 & welcome mate!

With regards to fitness and ways to improve it, there's tons of things you can do in respect to training. Have a look at this thread if you havent alreday done so -

http://www.prmc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=707

Best thing i can say mate is to set yourself realistic goals & work toward them, train hard but train smart !

Enjoy the site mate & all the best in achieving your goal!

Shiloh.

Zefan

Reaction score
If you dedicate yourself properly for 3 years you will be ridiculously fit. It's crazy how quickly you progress when you stick at it.

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
are you fat?? best thing to do if u are is lose all *text deleted* weight it will be hard to train with it.

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
blocky thats what hes trying to do? look aussie start by running 3-4 times a week at 1.5-3 miles anything you can cope with and start doing 10x4 press ups make sure you do them properly(daily), then do 20x3 sit ups a day.
im guessing you cant do pull ups its easier to lower your weight then lift so start by just jumping up on the pull ups bar and then SLOWLY lower yourself do this as many times as you can and do this every other day.Also do swimming and cycling as this helps build good cardiovascular base. make sure you also eating the right foods theres a sticky post by shiloh about the kind of foods you should be eating . when you have done this for a week depending on how you feel with the press ups etc add a extra 2-5 onto every repition for press ups and 10 for sit ups. in 3 years you could be as fit as mike tyson if you wanted. good luck and if this doesent make sense due to my crappy english punctuation then ill try re do it

Gaz the "Taff"

Reaction score
Hi mate, 3 years ago i was 20 stone in weight. It took me a while but if you really really do want to become a Royal Marines Commando..i swear mate, sticking to it and giving it some hammer will get you to achive your goals. 3 years ago i never have thaught im where i am now. This is the best site to come to for help. any probs mate, you know the place to call mate. Take it easy then build up to it. It will come.

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
He said he wants to get fit, blocky asked if he was fat. They're not mutually inclusive.
His question wasent exactly needed as he didnt give any advice with the question? and it doesent make sense how can you loose your weight without working out? a diet? they never work....

Zefan

Reaction score
and it doesent make sense how can you loose your weight without working out? a diet? they never work....

Improving your diet is actually one of the best ways to lose weight.

I read it like this "If you're fat then focus on getting rid of it first before getting round to muscle building, it'll only get in the way."

Gaz the "Taff"

Reaction score
I lost *text deleted**text deleted* loads of weight without the help of Gym people or Magazines or TV docu's, i just used common sense. Train and burn off more Calories than you intake. Make sure what you then eat after training (calories) is not more than what you have burned off. Dont eat *text deleted**text deleted* like Burgers and chips and packets of crisps and white bread ect.... Of course treat yourself but not every day *text deleted*
salads and fish and chicken without the skin and pure beef steak and veg, wholemeal pasta ect.., all the good stuff will make the pounds just bloody fly off :P

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
if you have got weight exercise is alot better then a diet.Also if your doing exercise you endorphins:blush:(doubt i spelt it right) kick in which is a gland in your brain which releases a hormone which basically tells your brain that you want to eat healthy foods from now on

Aussie89

Reaction score
thanks for all the replies so far. im not fat just towards the heavier end of the average BMI index

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
im kind of at the heavier end of the BMI aswell, not exactly fat, but im still pretty fit compared to a lot of people. But if you want to increase your fitness go on the RM website and use their circuit programme and print it off, i dont use it strictly and every day or every other, but just when i feel like doing a circuit other than that i will stick with loads of running, ab work (not just sit ups because it can be really boring) and arm workouts (not just press ups) you got three years or so, so you'll be fine as long as you keep doing fitness regularly throughout a week (dont be afraid to take 2 or so days off either) and increase the intensity every two weeks say or whatever you feel like, there shouldn't be any problems. oh and finding a gym that does circuit training is good

Aussie89

Reaction score
hey thanks for the replies so far guys it has been very helpful

kidna

Reaction score
thanks for all the replies so far. im not fat just towards the heavier end of the average BMI index
:cryingwithlaughter:
after all the lads advice and arguin about you bein fat too haha if u have 3 years tryin join a football/rugby team or whatever you prefer where you train twice a week and play once should give you a pretty good fitness foundation then start hardcore training as soon as you apply (maybe earlier if you feel u need it)

New Threads