30 miler. serving RM's please =]

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
alright lads, my parents dont believe me that even the 16 year olds at the end of there trainin have to do the 30 miler my dad is convinced that the 30 miler u have to be 18, so any serving RM's or ninja ofcourse can tell me FOR A FACT that 16 year olds do the run as my dad just wont leave it alone " ill think u find u have to be 18 son " all he keeps saying!!

nice one chaps

-james

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i got a dad like that im pretty sure they dont care how old you are to do the 30 miler *text deleted* although im not a serving rm or ninja? they wouldnt bother taking under age in if they wasent going to pass them like everyone else it would be too much hassle

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It is a test in which you need to pass to become a recognized marine.

If you don't pass it... you won't be a marine.

One of my friends joined when he was 16, passed out when he was 17. Legally he wasn't allowed to go to Afghan until he was 18.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
As Jamie says, All RM Recruits, regardless of age, have to complete the four Commando tests before they can pass out & earn their green beret. This includes the 30 mile endurance test. (Under 18s are not permitted to get the bus!)

Once you have passed-out, you will not be operationally deployed in a front-line post until you are 18.

Maybe Dad was thinking of the Army Junior Leaders as they were once called, or the Army guys who go to Harrogate for Army training if under 18.

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
:D cheers guys i love telling my dad hes wrong :D nice one

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
:D cheers guys i love telling my dad hes wrong :D nice one

Mate, my son (aged 9) loves doing likewise. BUT, your Dad is the guy who signs the consent form too. Diplomacy would be a more prudent option fella.

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Mate, my son (aged 9) loves doing likewise. BUT, your Dad is the guy who signs the consent form too. Diplomacy would be a more prudent option fella.

as above, dont piss the folk off that have the final say your side wether you can go in or not.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
30 Miler

The 30 Miler is the last of the commando tests. Your Green Lid is waiting for you at the end of it. No 30 miler, no green lid. Its as simple as that.

Cheers

Steve

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
fine 30 miler Recruit Training (RT) Chat 50
S 9 miler origin help Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site 17
Lurch 30 Miler Recruit Training (RT) Chat 37