Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
King Leonidas is the SH*T!

300 was the best film ever. In fact, we should devote part of this forum to 300.

My favourite scene is either the bit you just posted or the scene where Leonidas is arguing with a black guy from Persia. He just gets angry and kicks the guy in persian rugs! Epic.

C

critchmufc

yerr, sick as *text deleted**text deleted*...

you on about the

This is SPAAAAAARTA! bit??

M

MTW

300 was sweet as, has nothing on the dark knight tho *text deleted*

C

critchmufc

not seen that yet

but its the only film since 300 hundred were everyone that watched it loved it

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
thank you all for dedicating this thread to me :rock:

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
"This is madness, this is blasphemy!"
"Madness? THIS... IS... SPAAAAARRTTTTAAA!!11"

That bit was so funny. Fight scenes were insane too.

C

critchmufc

the one with the immortals was ruthless

wen a spartan got stabbed off one, another 5 came running slashing and stabbing like *text deleted**text deleted*ing morons!

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i fort it was *text deleted**text deleted*..*text deleted*

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I cant get enough of 300, my only regret is not seeing it in the cinema and only on DVD. Im *text deleted* watch it soon on my mates surround sound big tele shizz.
Just come back from holiday and bought it for about £3, haha along with the dark knight and borat, and Rocky Balboa 6 for 40p. haha.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I think we should have a 300 favourite quotes bit in this thread.

"Spartans, lie down your weapons" "Persians, come and get them them"
And, "My hand!" "Its not your hand anymore"

C

critchmufc

yer, i like them too, the first one is my favorite tho

give me goosebumps the first time i watched it

what about:

"Our ancestors built this wall with stones from the buzzom of greece herself, and with a little spartan help, your persian scouts supplied the mortar"

"Madness!?, This is SPAAAAARTAAA!"

Xerxes - "There is much our cultures could share" Leonidas - "Oh havnt you noticed, weve been sharing our culture with you all morning"

Xerxes - "Consider the fate of your women" Leonidas - "Clearly you dont know our women, i may aswell of marched them up here judging by what ive seen"

.....I could go on, but i wont be greedy, ill give you all a chance to get your quotes in.

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Leonidas: tonight, WE DINE IN HELL!!

DamageInc85

Reaction score
I'm ashamed to say I've never seen it, but I looked it up on youtube and found this pretty sweet vid. It's a fairly decent synchro, the lyrics tie up with the action on screen brilliantly. It's got some excellent clips plus it features the nwobh legends that are motorhead. Can't go wrong!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGtRCaD99t0

ChrisL

Reaction score
Clearly best quotes are: 'Spartans what is your profession...Haroo Haroo Haroo' and 'Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in Hell!'

What a Film

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
If im being honest..... my favourite part was the sex (Y)

Heres what i would have done, surrendered to xerxes, then become the warlord of greece, make a massive army within a couple of years, then kill xerxes and take over the world!! anyone????

anyone seen 'Meet the spartans' ?? that pretty awful spoof of 300 with carmen electra in ;)

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
"SPARTAAAAAAAAAAANS WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?????"

"AAOOOO! AAOOO! AAOOO!":fight:

S

Sotiris

I'm sure some of you will be very glad to hear this but some of the lines in the film are documented to have actually been spoken by the chosen 300 themselves. These are some of them:

"Their arrows will block out the sun - Then we shall fight in the shade"

"Eat a harty meal for tonight we dine in hell"

And my favorite, when a Persian envoy approached the King at Thermopylae (the Greek name for the "Hot Gates") and asked them to lay down their arms his reply was, (in ancient Greek) "Μολον Λαβε" - "Molon Lavai" or "come and get them".

I advise (and ask!) anyone who loved the film to read the book they should have made the film about - "Gates of Fire" by Steven Pressfield. It's my bible, I read it once a year.

What really really pissed me off about the film (as a Greek) is that if you didn't know you'd think it was a fantasy film. The fact that the event actually happened is somewhat lost.

And finally, the epitaph. The greatest epitaph ever written for warriors:

Go tell the Spartans,
Stranger passing by,
That here,
Obedient to their laws,
We lie.

There are many translations but thats my favorite and far more poetic then the films interpretation.

S

Sotiris

Another fact for the fans of the film and the true history:

When Leonidas went to fight he was over 60 years old.