344 Years and getting Stronger

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Its the birthday of the Royal Marines on the 28th of October and it will be 344 years since they were originally founded as the Duke of York and Albany's Maritime Regiment of Foot. :applaus:

We should all buy eachother presents and bake a huge cake with 344 candles on it!

stewie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* be a bloody huge cake *text deleted*:dinner:
stewie

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I shall be having a Kronenbourg or two. :eek:h:

Ipodbob

Reaction score
yey 1 day after i join as a recruit and IF being a big *text deleted**text deleted*ing IF, i pass out as an original it would be on the 4th of july. hhhmm could it get any better, which is also 7 days before my birthday whoop whoop.

C

critchmufc

yey 1 day after i join as a recruit and IF being a big *text deleted**text deleted*ing IF, i pass out as an original it would be on the 4th of july. hhhmm could it get any better, which is also 7 days before my birthday whoop whoop.

you could be in afghanistan for your birthday, providing your an immediate casualty replacement

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Its the birthday of the Royal Marines on the 28th of October and it will be 344 years since they were originally founded as the Duke of York and Albany's Maritime Regiment of Foot. :applaus:

We should all buy eachother presents and bake a huge cake with 344 candles on it!

just a reminder it's not the birthday of the ROYAL marines, just the marines. correcect me if i'm wrong but i don't think the Royal prefix was given until a later date.

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
The royal marines corps was awarded the title of 'royal' by king George III in 1802............I think. Not sure why I know that. *text deleted*.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
just a reminder it's not the birthday of the ROYAL marines, just the marines. correcect me if i'm wrong but i don't think the Royal prefix was given until a later date.

Yup you are right, but they set the foundations of the greatest fighting force in the world that we are lucky enough to be part of today. 344 years and still going - thats quite an achievement. :praise:

Makes me proud

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Haha, I've got my psychometric test on the 28th! It can only mean good things!

WHEN I pass the psychometric, it will be the first installment of several until the corps gets it's present... ME!

Now who wouldn't want me!?

( :S )

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I think
You should
Concentrate on
School b4
the corps

I think
I have a good
Idea of where
My balance
Lies at the moment.
But thankyou
For your concern!

No seriously though, I'm doing more than fine at school, by 'school' I meant the co-curricular stuff as well though, such as rowing and school musical. The musical is great fun, and only short term, so I just got a chorus part, and it's not too much time taken up. Rowing on the other hand, I've started falling out with the boat club as a whole, because non of the coaches seem to appreciate that I need to do more specific training!
Don't worry, I don't intend to slack off my studies. Thanks for the advice though!

New Threads