3miler

am19

Reaction score
Good evening chaps, jus wondering if the 3miler at PRMC is run on the flat or if it involves hills etc??

Cheers in advance!

Alex

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Its Flat!.. Jesus thats awesome then.. All my runs contain fairly biggish hills.. My Record for my 1.5Mile was done with a little hill half way round.. So imagine if it was all flat jesus thats awesome to hear.. Living the lake district its not easy getting a flat run!. :laugh:

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
From what I have heard, it is not flat, there is a steep hill in the course. Someone that has done it will more then likely post here telling the truth though.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Its all uphill at a inline of 40%

Nah not really *text deleted*. There is a tiny tiny minute hill at the start I think it is, so that makes the best effort 1.5 miles back easier. But you hardly notice it, Id call it flat for any difference that it makes.
And rusty do you finish your run where you start it?

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
will you be in your running shoes for the PRMC 3 miler? or some massive boots and camo gear?

andy5sm

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
running shoes and if anyone thinks that is a hill *text deleted**text deleted* me, but one thing to be aware of is the first half mile it will be done at a steady pace and then you have to beat the pti back bearing in mind i did it when the did it on the second day when you were allready hangin out, the idea of it is to do a mile and a half at a steady but still quick pace eg 12.30mins and then smash it back in under ten, so that would be something worth a practise!!

0.01%

Reaction score
Got to be honest, I didn't notice any hill at all...not even a slight one. What I will say is that if you end up near the back, or middle for the start of the return 1.5miles, don't worry about wasting energy trying to weave in and out in order to overtake. I did that loads and it's a waste of time, the oppurtunity to move up comes quickly enough. It is very narrow, most parts (all of it maybe) will not allow more than 3 lads alongside one another without somebody ending up in the bushes and if you have a great big group like on my PRMC (57 fellas) then you can imagine how easy it is to be stuck near the back for the first little bit.

On the same note, some people have said in the past how hard the warm up is for it but I thought it was exactly as you'd imagine, nothing to worry about at all. And the 1.5 miles out is very comfortable, and as this is what you should be replicating in training it will allow you to catch your breath IF the warm up had proved difficult.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yea good post there, you do it in trainers and combat trousers and a green t-shirt they issue you with. Agreed with weaving around, I tried to do that and all I got was a twisted ankle, the pack sorts itself out as your progress.

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
At the start of the second leg of the 3 miler, you will be running up a slightly inclined hill. You wont particularly notice it as you'll be too busy trying not to trip over each other. Other than that, its pretty much flat.