4.8km run

ugachaka

Reaction score
Hi everyone, near the end of the 4.8km run my quads just fill with lactic acid, i manage to continue running but my pace slows down really quickly, just wondering if anyone here used to go through the same thing and if there is any way around it

Cheers

Kangarooj

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I used to get it mate, sometimes I still do and I've been running for a few years now. It's usually a combination of not warming up properly and lack of hydration (don't feel bad, honestly sometimes we all just genuinely forget to drink or stretch properly)
The answer is simple, slow down for a bit, then speed up when they feel a bit better. As your training progresses you'll notice you don't get that sensation as much as your body gets used to it.
If you're an experienced runner who's just trying to blitz the second half of the BFT then burning quads are pretty much the norm.. because it's only 9 minutes of working your donkey off.
If you don't feel like you're going to pass out after your best effort, then it wasn't your best effort.. no matter what time you get ;)

Latest posts

New Threads