42 Cdo in Gibraltar.

Rkec

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My point was this is a forum for aspiring or serving marines and opting out due to not necessarily agreeing with a decision isn’t really an option. Other career options are available
Don't think anyone apart from yourself mentioned opting out.

TheRents

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Let face it. A little international conflict is a great way to deflect attention from the current fiasco that is called Westminster!
The problem with keep talking about the UK punching above its weight..... Every so often you actually have to punch;)
There are quite a lot of young men, we all hold most dear, who are relishing the prospect of it 'kicking off'

R

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
What's the best way to avoid a posting to 43 out of RT? Haha
Dont Join, or have an amazing welfare case that negates you being able to work in Scotland.

@rkec and @sharpe play nicely or sanctions will be applied and they won't be from the UN!

Alan
Alan if i could give this comment multiple likes! xoxox

@rkec Just maybe there is more to the situation and action than is in the public sphere ;)

Chelonian

Reaction score
Just maybe there is more to the situation and action than is in the public sphere ;)
You're blatantly attempting to discredit the security briefing I read in today's Daily Mail. :)

Rkec

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
@rkec Just maybe there is more to the situation and action than is in the public sphere ;)
Trouble is pal they said that about their brexit negotiations - she must have something up her sleeve - 6 months later - oh *text deleted* she really is that thick.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
There are interesting points raised, particularly with political viewpoint & serving in the UK Armed Forces.

You don't get a choice.

I remember knowing full-well that Iraq's supposed cache of WMD was a myth & a pretext to invade. It's one of several dilemmas you could face in your career and is a moral maze.

Reactions: R

R

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
You're blatantly attempting to discredit the security briefing I read in today's Daily Mail. :)
They do have their finger on the pulse. :D The medias attitude always seem to be dont let the truth get in the way of a good story. Even if its always 93.7896% BS.

There are interesting points raised, particularly with political viewpoint & serving in the UK Armed Forces. You don't get a choice.

I remember knowing full-well that Iraq's supposed cache of WMD was a myth & a pretext to invade. It's one of several dilemmas you could face in your career and is a moral maze.
Easy solution is not to join or serve if you have serious moral objections.

Rkec

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
In all honesty I genuinely wasn't trying to touch on the moral aspect. Just the political aspect of it, I just don't see how this ends well for the UK's interests.

It's quite easy to see how politicians turn gimmicks into actual real wars.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Easy solution is not to join or serve if you have serious moral objections.
Spot-on. Many forget they weren't made to join but equally, contract permitting, they are not compelled to remain serving if the job becomes no longer suitable for their outlook.

One of the things I remember hearing, when I joined was "The job has changed since I joined". The reality is probably closer to: "My expections have changed since I joined".

Sly3

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
@rkec if you hadn’t realised the moment you attest to queen and country they’ve got you obviously after foundation and before week 26 if I’m correct in thinking.

You don’t get to make the choices whether or not boarding a vessel or what the implications are, that is down to the highest and superiors above and before you.

You do the job simple as that, don’t like it do something else. The world is full of big bad’s, horrors and scary things.

Reactions: R

Rkec

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
@rkec if you hadn’t realised the moment you attest to queen and country they’ve got you obviously after foundation and before week 26 if I’m correct in thinking.

You don’t get to make the choices whether or not boarding a vessel or what the implications are, that is down to the highest and superiors above and before you.

You do the job simple as that, don’t like it do something else. The world is full of big bad’s, horrors and scary things.
Have you actually read anything I wrote?